mtbr member

Mag 7 Trail Info Needed

Hey Moab peeps! My wife & I are headed out to Moab tonight, riding for 2 days from Fort Collins. Was thinking about shuttling the Mag 7 ride, have not done it yet. Is it pretty simple to follow overall? We are probably going to take it / shuttle from 313 / Bull Run all the way to / down Portal.
    Tomorrow we are riding Amasa / Upper & lower Ahab, back up Amasa, down Jacksons. Ahab looks like a blast! Saturday will most likely be Mag 7? We have done the Porc shuttle a few times, so probably wont hit that this time around. Wife has never done Poison Spider / Portal, which is an option / alternative to Mag 7.

Guess we just want to get the most bang for our time.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    We rode it yesterday, total epic, not too hard to follow. Bring Map! Portal Awesome, yet not really fun riding!
    THOSE WHO ARE AWAKE LIVE IN A STATE OF CONSTANT AMAZEMENT

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Jeezus - don't do Poison Spider -> Portal unless you revel in pushing your bike through sand and dislike your wife.

Mag 7 is easy to follow. Once down to Gold Bar just follow the jeep trail to the rim and out to Portal.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcanride View Post
    Portal Awesome, yet not really fun riding!
    Depends who you ask. I love it. Wish it was easier to get to. Don't be a hero. Walk the obviously signed areas. Then it's a blast.

Like Skaredshtles said, pass on poison Spider. It has it's moments but low priority especially if you're game for starting at 313.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Depends who you ask. I love it. Wish it was easier to get to. Don't be a hero. Walk the obviously signed areas. Then it's a blast.
    I agree with this. Portal is just $hitloads of fun. Seems like it was harder this spring than it was last spring. Maybe I'm just getting poosified in my Old Age.

Biker Boater Boarder
    Go to Skidmap.com pick your course then print the map/topo, you can even download your loop to gps device.
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!