rpalmer
    Aug 2008

Mag 7 -- Bull Run Video

Ok, I have been biking for 12 years throughout 4 states and I've done just about everything in Utah, but I just started riding with a helmet camera recently and this is one of my first cracks at a video. I am a total AMATEUR at videos and I want to get better at making them. If you're interested, I would love some constructive feedback on this video I made of Bull Run. I have footage of most of the rest of Mag 7, which we rode last Saturday, but I haven't doctored it up yet. Here are some things I KNOW I need to do:

-- Secure the camera better so it doesn't rattle so much when audio is not muted
    -- Find some music that isn't copyrighted
    -- Get better editing software. I'm just using Windows Movie Maker right now, so I would love any recommendations on software other people are using.

Thanks for the feedback, and enjoy the video, for what its worth!

Mag 7 -- Bull Run.wmv - YouTube

mtbr member
    Hey thanks for posting that, I'm planning a Moab trip in April and have been trying to get a better sense of what Mag 7 is like. Looks like awesome fun! Can't help you with software and whatnot, but I enjoyed the video.
    "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -- Calvin & Hobbes

rpalmer
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by A girl from Seattle View Post
    Hey thanks for posting that, I'm planning a Moab trip in April and have been trying to get a better sense of what Mag 7 is like. Looks like awesome fun! Can't help you with software and whatnot, but I enjoyed the video.
    I can't say enough about how fun the ride was! Bull Run, Arth's Corner, and Little Canyon sections were all a blast. Climbing up Gold Bar was a good workout. Didn't have much leg left to enjoy the trail after that so we didn't do Golden Spike or Portal. It was the first big ride of the year though. I gotta quit letting myself go during the winter...

I'm glad you enjoyed the vid. I'll post more of the trail later.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rpalmer View Post
    I can't say enough about how fun the ride was! Bull Run, Arth's Corner, and Little Canyon sections were all a blast. Climbing up Gold Bar was a good workout. Didn't have much leg left to enjoy the trail after that so we didn't do Golden Spike or Portal. It was the first big ride of the year though. I gotta quit letting myself go during the winter...

I'm glad you enjoyed the vid. I'll post more of the trail later.
    r:

Thanks for posting the video. It is the first time I have had a look of the new entrance into the upper Mag 7 and it didn't look to me that you intersected the original alignment until about the 6 minute point of your video. I am looking forward to the other segments.

TD

rpalmer
    Aug 2008
    Here's the rest of our ride. The footage quality wasn't as good as I wanted so I'm not especially happy with the video, but its educational at least.

Mag 7 -- Arth's Corner, Little Canyon, and Gold Bar Rim.wmv - YouTube

mtbr member
    I think riding a 26" wheeled bike would make the videos better

-Mark

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the vids! I'll be riding those trails in a week and your vids gave me a great idea of what to expect!