MTC rep for LPCPCAC

Looking for Little Creek

So it looks interesting, but I have seen many different directions for Little Creek. We will be hitting up Gooseberry and wanted to compliment it with the lesser known cousin. I was wondering if somebody has links for GPS directions for the trail head and trail options. We will be out there the first weekend of April.

Thanks for any help!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    We keep it on the move, never letting it stay more than a few nights in the same location.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/tr...t-crk-save.htm

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Thanks for the help!

mtbr member

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy
    So it looks interesting, but I have seen many different directions for Little Creek. We will be hitting up Gooseberry and wanted to compliment it with the lesser known cousin. I was wondering if somebody has links for GPS directions for the trail head and trail options. We will be out there the first weekend of April.

Thanks for any help!
    bankerboy, I don't know if you've already been down south yet, but I hit Gooseberry and Little Creek this past weekend. Little Creek is 99% dry with a bit of snow at the end of one of the loops as your 'climbing' back up to the parking area.

We hooked up with Quinten at Over The Edge Sports right there in Hurricane. He does group rides on Saturdays and would probably be more than happy to take a group out to Little Creek. He's a great guy and will take you out on the shorter, more technical loop as opposed to the out loop with more dirt and single track.

I took my 5 Spot and wish I had my Nomad as there are a lot of places to play out there and plenty of 1'-4' drops to flat (on slickrock) if you want to get your huck on. If you have a long travel bike, you can have a lot of fun. There is a lot of room to get lost out there, so be careful and watch for the cairns if you're doing the inner loop.

Also, there is plenty of water now right near the parking area if you're taking dogs.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    This is why I like this forum

Thanks for the heads up. We will be there the first weekend of April.

Now if somebody would just break out the hair driers and clean up Thunder Mnt for me, I would be eternally greatful.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Little Creek Photos

Here are some shots of Little Creek from 3/8/08. Sorry, not much action here as we were rolling along trying to finish the ride before a thunderstorm rolled in and I was carrying the camera and wasn't terribly motivated to pull it out. But you get the idea.

Quentin from OTE Sports attempting this piece on his new Ibis. It was more difficult than it looks.

The other Ryan riding the waterfall. He did the entire ride on a fully rigid 29'er.

The other Ryan, myself and Quentin waiting for the rest of the group. The storm was over Gooseberry Mesa in this photo.

Exposure.

Catherine crushing it.

Bike Snob
    [QUOTE=slcrockymountainrider]Here are some shots of Little Creek from 3/8/08. Sorry, not much action here as we were rolling along trying to finish the ride before a thunderstorm rolled in and I was carrying the camera and wasn't terribly motivated to pull it out. But you get the idea.

Quentin from OTE Sports attempting this piece on his new Ibis. It was more difficult than it looks.
    [I

We saw you guys as we were leaving. Why did you wait so late to get started, I guess you did not see the weather forecast.

mtbr member
    We went out to Little Creek again this last Saturday. It was a little cold but most of the snow was gone.
    http://everytrail.com/widget.php?trip_id=15666

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by LoIQ
    We went out to Little Creek again this last Saturday. It was a little cold but most of the snow was gone.
    http://everytrail.com/widget.php?trip_id=15666
    Hey, I was there on Saturday also.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right

We saw you guys as we were leaving. Why did you wait so late to get started, I guess you did not see the weather forecast.
    That's what happens when you're trying to round up a bunch of people. It was just supposed to be 5 of us and then someone decided to meet at OTE Sports in Hurricane. I didn't realize the owner was someone I've raced with in the past and we all decided to ride together as a big group. Kind of a quasi-reunion of sorts so we spent a great deal of time BS'ing and checking out the new store.

It didn't start raining until we were back our vehicles, so it was all good.

BTW, those Mojo's are very, very nice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Some info on little creek mesa - Link has trail map & pictures
    PLUS most important, driving directions with topo maps, it can be
    a little foncusing.

http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/U...esa_review.htm

Bike Snob
    [QUOTE=pukemaster]Some info on little creek mesa - Link has trail map & pictures
    PLUS most important, driving directions with topo maps, it can be
    a little foncusing.

http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/U...esa_review.htm[/QUOTE

That is probably the best map that I have seen. Only three or four trails/connectors missing.

The written directions are a little harder to follow but I don't know how you could do better. In the last two years the trail has become a lot easier to follow due to the traffic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right

http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/U...esa_review.htm[/QUOTE

That is probably the best map that I have seen. .
    Thanks, if you have any gps data of the missing trails I would be happy to add them!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    They just put up a street sign at the little creek turn off(off of the highway) so now its alot easier to find which road to turn on.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC

Thank You All!!!!

Just got back yesterday. We had a rocking time out in the St George area. Very beautiful. Many more colors than here in San Diego. I downloaded the maps to Little Creek and rode it all. There is some impressive trail work out there. The two rock bridges out towards the end of the out and back trail (magic carpet ride??) were hairy but fun. Not many places here where you can test your balance over a 300 foot drop! The water fall was a bit too intimidating to ride up but other than that, we did everything. The grand loop was our secondary piece but all I can say is WOW. Now who got out there with the dye and made all those colors on the rocks. Where I come from, rocks are brown or grey. Purples, whites, pinks. WOW

Thank you to all who chipped in with info and made this trip great!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What time do they run group rides to little creek out of the bike shop on Saturdays? I might be in town next weekend...