mtbr member

Looking for the best trail vids of Southern Utah

So I'm trying to convince my friends that we need to make a trip to S Utah for our next riding trip. I live in Denver and get to ride Moab multiple times per year, so as much fun as it always is, I'd like to convince my friends that fly out from the east coast that we should try something new. That being said, just off some quick searches on YouTube, there's a bunch of really bad videos on some of the best trails in the area. I need some solid video of good riders to help sway these opinions. Whatya got?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Not sure if I saw it on the main page of MTBR or Pinkbike but they had a link to an article & video from Mountain Bike Action dot com. It was pretty good but I agree that they aren't alot of great videos of the area. I think the main reason is the topgraphy doesn't show up well in videos or photos.

Just tell you buddies to look at reviews of the trails on Singletrack.com or MTBR, or we back issues of MTB Action. They had an awesome article and photos on Gooseberry Mesa a few months back. I just came back from there last weekend and hooked up with a couple Canadiens who were ther for their first time. They live in Revelstoke, British Columbia (you know, the MTB mecca British Columbia) and they told me that Gooseberry Mesa was the best trail they had **EVER** ridden. It's not even my favorite out there, that would be Little Creek Mesa!!

oootard
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    So I'm trying to convince my friends that we need to make a trip to S Utah for our next riding trip. I live in Denver and get to ride Moab multiple times per year, so as much fun as it always is, I'd like to convince my friends that fly out from the east coast that we should try something new. That being said, just off some quick searches on YouTube, there's a bunch of really bad videos on some of the best trails in the area. I need some solid video of good riders to help sway these opinions. Whatya got?
    Not sure what kind of riding you and your mates like, so here is a sampling of XC: Suicidal Tendencies, Barrell Roll, Sidewinder, Precipice - YouTube

and FR/DH: Bottom half of Grafton March 2012 - YouTube

Can't vouch for the quality of the vids (I am by no means a videographer or an editor), but I can vouch for the riding. I love S. Utah.

mtbr member
    Not much, but this came to mind: The Nomads - Moab on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Always enjoy this one Solitude on Zen on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Barrel Trail/Ride - Mountain Biking - St. George, UT - YouTube this is a pretty good one of the barrel trail over by Bearclaw Poppy

oootard
    Quote Originally Posted by helibird View Post

I believe Slickrock Swamp was closed to bikes in August 2010. Bummer, because it was a cool ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Price, Utah. Its on the way to Moab on hwy 6. stop in for a couple hours!!!

Tallboy LTc On Price, Utah Trails - YouTube
    Last edited by dustman; 10-31-2013 at 09:18 AM.

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    My channel has vids of many, but not all St. George/Hurricane/Virgin area trails.

By no means am I the best rider, nor do I claim to have the best videos. But if you like a trail in one of my vids but want a better video you'll at least have a good trail name to search for on youtube.

MTBMamba - YouTube

mtbr member
    Thanks for all these guys, this is awesome! I'll have a chance to look thru them this week. I have two guys on board so far, just gotta make the other two take a chance.