mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Logan Trail Help

Having just recently moved up here to Logan and, unfortunately, not getting very much riding in before winter, I know very little about the trails up here. I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction for some good ones?

I like technical stuff, but I'm not too picky. I would consider myself an advanced rider - I just rode Porcupine Rim in Moab without too much difficulty if that gives you an idea. However, I also want to find some easy ones as I'm getting my girl into riding and I don't want to put her off by taking her on something she can't handle.

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    There isn't much by way of techy singletrack up there - it's mostly ATVish stuff with some singletrack thrown in. Jardine Juniper was easily my fave when I lived there, though there's a trail over in the Cottonwood/Girl's Camp area that's pretty techy, something hollow I think. I don't have my Logan trails book anymore...
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

The Sentinel

PM me...

I live over in Tremonton, but can point you in some fun directions.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    There's a trail that I found on utahmountainbiking.com called "Richard's Hollow." I assume that's what you're talking about? That was one that we tried to ride last year, but we took a wrong turn and I'm pretty sure that we ended up going backwards on it so we bailed. Sounded like a pretty fun ride though, maybe I'll try it again once all of this stinking snow melts.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by usubikingaddict
    There's a trail that I found on utahmountainbiking.com called "Richard's Hollow." I assume that's what you're talking about? That was one that we tried to ride last year, but we took a wrong turn and I'm pretty sure that we ended up going backwards on it so we bailed. Sounded like a pretty fun ride though, maybe I'll try it again once all of this stinking snow melts.
    There is another trail there that goes over to Temple Fork. You used to be able to make a loop out of it. My favorites (I moved south almost 11 years ago) were Sink Hollow and Bunchgrass. I rode with a dog, so I liked trails that had reliable water.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Who's that guy?
    Most bike shops have a very good trail book available. Cache Valley Trails I think its called. There are a few other trails that aren't in the guide but for the most part its pretty thorough.

For mild technical stuff, some good trails are Richards Hollow, Blind Hollow (if its not covered in downed trees or herds of sheep), Steel Hollow is pretty good, Stump Hollow is my current fave.

Some good learning trails are Logan River, Green Canyon and the trail along the deer fence.

Wow...I sure haven't posted in a while.

Oh, and welcome to Logan.
    [SIZE=2]
    Slow and steady gets you...7th place.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"Hey! Where is everybody going??"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Pickup the spiral bound 5"x 7"mtb trail guide which is available at the FS ranger district, and a bunch of LBSs. I think the trails off of right hand fork are a good place to start.

For the GF start her on the river trail and then move up to green canyon. I don't like the deer fence / BST sections in Logan.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The Cache Trails book is a good one. I believe the trail distances and elavation changes were all mapped out using GPS. They are also rated by their difficulty level. Spring Hollow is fun. There are some good trails past the girl scout camp, can't remember the name but it's a good loop. Old Juniper is fun but watch out for hikers.

So when is somebody going to put together a Logan group ride?