Cannondale17
    Apr 2006

little cottonwood canyon downhill trail

Not sure if this has been posted on recently butI couldn't really see anything definitive post 2010. Is there a downhill trail in little cottonwood canyon that is still ridable/has features? I saw some videos back in like 2009 that looked super fun and I saw some videos more recently that looked not quite as cool but still decent... so is there any downhill trail still left up cottonwood canyon? and if so how do you get to it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    There was a long discussion about it on the UMB forum at the end of the summer:

UtahMountainBiking.com • View topic - LCC Downhill has been Killed

It's an unapproved trail on Forest Service land. It gets built by riders, ripped out by the USFS, then rebuilt by riders, then destroyed again, etc.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    id like to give the trail a try and hope for the best at least… does anybody know how to get to the trail head? maybe me and some buddies could start building it up a little.

mtbr member
    I rode it today.. It's phenomenal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I last rode that (Quarry Trail) in 97', it's totally different than I remember it! Will do it again this week....

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    looks fun, doesnt really look like a 'dh' trail though, right? or did i miss something?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by gnomer View Post
    looks fun, doesnt really look like a 'dh' trail though, right? or did i miss something?
    No definitely not a "DH" trail, just a video of the downhill portion of my ride today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomer View Post
    No, that isn't the old "DH trail" that the thread was complaining about. The trail in the video is a different, approved trail that has been around for a while.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    What's the distance?

mtbr member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LCBooger; 05-04-2014 at 11:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The DH trail the OP was talking about starts up at Snowbird and goes all the way down the Canyon. The trail in the Video is the Quarry Trail and is the last 1/4 of the trail from Snowbird down.

When I saw the video post I was thinking "there is no way Little Cottonwood DH is rideable right now" - then recognized he was talking about Quarry as I started watching.

I rode the trail from Snowbird down last fall and had to ride the road for a small part as the Forrest Service downed trees and placed them across the trail.

Should be rideable from Snowbird down mid-summer.

mtbr member
    Quarry trail is a multiple use trail and I really don't think you should be blowing by runners and up hill cyclist like that. All you need is for someone to complain and things will get shut down. I have seen it happen before. Rogue trails on Forest service land is a bad move too imo. There was a rogue downhill trail made here in PA in a public park that got shut down and really gave mountain bikers a bad name.
    I'm moving back to UT in a few weeks and I plan on riding that trail again. I would hope the locals are little more respectful then that when I get back. I certainly don't want to get hit by someone flying down as I am climbing up. Could be a real bad deal for all involved.
    '12 Flash 29r C3 with a few mods
    '10 Synapse 5 Carbon with a few mods as well..