The Sentinel

Last minute fat ride invite

I got a kitchen pass for the weekend, so I'm going to head to Southern Utah tomorrow morning! Hopefully, I won't be riding alone, but it looks like I might be...if you're interested in riding and can get away at the last minute, I'd love to have some riding partners. If there is anyone who is interested in an agenda, here it is:

I'll be leaving Tremonton early Friday morning (probably before 5 a.m.) so that there will be some time for riding on Friday afternoon. I'm planning on riding JEM/Hurricane Rim area on Friday, spending the day playing on Gooseberry on Saturday, and finding something easy to ride or hike Sunday morning, before beginning the long trek home.

Like I said earlier, this is a fat ride, so it will be slow, with lots of opportunities for pictures and rest. I'm trying to shake the cobwebs out of my old, fat body, and shakedown a new bike, so I'll definitely be taking it easy. If you're interested in hooking up for a ride, PM me here before 10 p.m. tonight, and we can exchange cell phone numbers...later!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    I might be interested in some riding on sat or friday. I know some people who would be down too for those too. Not to mention the Sanchez crew who are all from the Turner forum. I know some cats who live out there who would be down probably. Why not do Little Creek? It is by goose but more fun.

The Sentinel

"Fun" is always so relative...

It depends on the viewpoint of the person. To me, Little Creek is "hard" not "fun"! This is a fat ride, so riding with hammers and huckers isn't what I'm after this trip.

I was worried about riding alone on Little Creek, also. There are enough people on Gooseberry that someone would find me after I have a heart attack...on Little Creek I might be buzzard food!

Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    I might be interested in some riding on sat or friday. I know some people who would be down too for those too. Not to mention the Sanchez crew who are all from the Turner forum. I know some cats who live out there who would be down probably. Why not do Little Creek? It is by goose but more fun.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

I'll be out there as well

I'm heading down tomorrow morning as well. I'll be riding two laps of the Hurricane/Goulds/Jem both Friday and Saturday so long as I feel ok (been nursing a cold for the last week). Trying to get some miles in to prepare for the Dawn til Dusk. Definitely say hi if you see me out there, I'll be on a Scott Spark.

mtbr member
    Well the point was that I would be there riding with you on Little Creek if you went. I PM'ed you and didnt get a response. I see how it is. But seriously I would be very down for coming out for a ride as long as I can be ready for a benefit concert my band is in in Hurricane that late afternoon for a friend who was killed in a car wreck last week.