Thread: Lambert Park

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Lambert Park

Howdy Guys-

I've got to take the BYU Mountain Biking class out on a ride tomorrow afternoon, but all this snow makes most trails "unrideable" to most of the guys in the class.

I've taken them up to Provo Canyon Race Track + the BST, but was wondering how Lambert Park was looking. Also, any other trail suggestions for Utah Valley are always appreciated, I don't think they really want to go out and ride Five Mile Pass…

Thanks!

Matt

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfblue
    Howdy Guys-

I've got to take the BYU Mountain Biking class out on a ride tomorrow afternoon, but all this snow makes most trails "unrideable" to most of the guys in the class.

I've taken them up to Provo Canyon Race Track + the BST, but was wondering how Lambert Park was looking. Also, any other trail suggestions for Utah Valley are always appreciated, I don't think they really want to go out and ride Five Mile Pass…

Thanks!

Matt
    I drove out and looked at Lambert last Thursday and thought it might be good to ride this week. I've been back in Boise for the past few days and haven't watch SLC weather, but if it's been dry and warm, Lambert should be at least 80% rideable.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfblue
    I've taken them up to Provo Canyon Race Track + the BST
    Where is this Provo Canyon Race Track? I haven't ever heard of it, and I'm always up for a new trail!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The Race Track is just at the mouth of Provo Canyon by Timponogos Park (second park up the Canyon). You have to ride up a fire road quite a ways, and then you get on a fun, sweeping loop.

Here's the UMB page: http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/provloop.htm

I'll be heading up there later this week (Wednesday or Thursday), just message me if you'd like to come along.

mtbr member
    Cool thanks, I will have to head down there to try it out!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The southern portion of Lambert is mostly dry, the northern portion still has quite a bit of snow / mud. There's currently an active, recent discussion going on at UtahMountainBiking.com.

Lambert Park Conditions - UtahMountainBiking.com