Team Inflexible

Kokopelli Shuttle Advice

I posted this in the Western slope forum but figured this may be a better spot.

Me and a buddy of mine are planning a self supported tour of the Kokopelli the last week in April. I have just about every thing planned out but wanted to get some feed back on a shuttle. Here are the options I am considering.

Drive into Moab and hire a shuttle to take us to loma. Cost $200 expenive. (need to find a good place to leave my jeep parked while we are gone.

Take two cars into Moab and set up shuttle. Good option but do not want to bring 2 cars.

Hitch hike from moab back to loma. free or will pitch in for some gas but a bit more risky.

Honesty I have been considering hitch hiking back to Moab as my prefred option but wanted to get peoples thoughts? Also what would you suggest for a safe parking place in Moab?

Grizzly
    You could consolidate the route via highways, and just ride back.

Hit the old highways and a little bit of dirt until you get to 128 at the Dewey Bridge. Then take 128 back into town. It's only about 30 miles back into Moab from that point.
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

Team Inflexible
    Thanks That's the same advice I got from the Western slope forum. Riding the highway back to Loma is not an option.

Does any body know of a reasonably priced shuttle service or willing to drive us for some cash?

Has any one tried hitchhiking?

mtbr member
    May 2006

Shuttle at your Service

I live in Moab, Castle Valley actually, and would be available to help with your shuttle as it would give me a chance to ride at Fruita. Send me a PM, or better yet an email as I don't usually check PMs, to cstuttle@sisna.com if you want to explore this option. As I write this I am looking at the window and watching the snow fall, so you may need to think about the higher elevation trails on the KT. There will probably be sections still covered in snow and other sections will be very muddy.

Craig