Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: JEM conditions?

  1. #1
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,586

    JEM conditions?

    How much of it is rideable after all the rains recently?

  2. #2
    I'd rather be biking...
    Reputation: shelbster15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    936
    Great condition. Just got back from 25 hours of frog hollow out there. Super fast.

  3. #3
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    Great condition. Just got back from 25 hours of frog hollow out there. Super fast.
    Thanks man, + rep for ya.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  4. #4
    I'd rather be biking...
    Reputation: shelbster15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    Great condition. Just got back from 25 hours of frog hollow out there. Super fast.

    That was this morning though, things may have changed due to the wet weather at the moment....

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    I live basically on the JEM and it's been raining here since 4:30pm and for the last couple of hours its been raining very hard (we're over .800 of an inch so far and it is still raining).

    Please do NOT ride JEM or Goulds or Goulds Rim tommorow, you will damage the trail. If we have breezes and some sun tomorrow it might be good Tuesday. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon

    I'm going to hit Prospector tommorow, its great after a good soaker.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  6. #6
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    I live basically on the JEM and it's been raining here since 4:30pm and for the last couple of hours its been raining very hard (we're over .800 of an inch so far and it is still raining).

    Please do NOT ride JEM or Goulds or Goulds Rim tommorow, you will damage the trail. If we have breezes and some sun tomorrow it might be good Tuesday. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon

    I'm going to hit Prospector tommorow, its great after a good soaker.
    No worries, not in town yet.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17
    Hi,

    Any updates for the JEM / Gooseberry area?

    I'm planning to come out for a long weekend but the weather looks a little iffy. I've seen the slippery clay up on gooseberry mesa ... I'd hate to get stuck out there. And I don't want to trash your fine trails!

    In addition to Prospector, any suggestions for rides that hold up well to some wet weather?

    How's the road to Little Creek Mesa in the wet?

    Any wet weather riding/camping/driving suggestions appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    -Tom

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    JEM/Hurricane Rim/Goulds are great. Gooseberry yesterday was sweet with a couple of puddles here and there on the slickrock and the road in was as good as it ever gets.

    Little Creek is easier to asccess when roads are wet BUT the trails (excluding the "inner loop" are very subject to wet riding damage. Most of the dirt single track on Little Creek is shaded and/or faces north meaning it is our slowest trail system to dry out. It's easy to get lost on Little Creek and wander around leaving ruts and ghost trails, not good. Also as it's a bit higher than Goose and is not in the same rain shadow, Little Creek gets more snow and rain than Goose.

    Suggestions if it's wet

    Prospector, Barrel Roll/Side Winder, Zen, Guacamole if the road up is ok or park at the bottom and ride up.

    If I've forgotten some maybe someone else can chime in.

    Hope this helps
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,684
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    Suggestions if it's wet

    Prospector, Barrel Roll/Side Winder, Zen, Guacamole if the road up is ok or park at the bottom and ride up.

    If I've forgotten some maybe someone else can chime in.

    Hope this helps
    I'd add Church Rocks to that list (unless you're including it as part of Prospector).

    Are you guys supposed to get more rain this weekend?

  10. #10
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,959
    Paradise too, it's a quickie but a goodie.
    I like bikes.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I'd add Church Rocks to that list (unless you're including it as part of Prospector).

    Are you guys supposed to get more rain this weekend?

    I include it w/Prospector.

    40% chance of rain...means 60% chance of no rain. Lets ride, the trails are sweet. Gooseberry yesterday and Guacamole and JEM/Goulds today were awsome.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  12. #12
    Bike Snob
    Reputation: can't get right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    Paradise too, it's a quickie but a goodie.
    Your a quickie!

    When am I going to see your new hard tail?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,684
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    I include it w/Prospector.

    40% chance of rain...means 60% chance of no rain. Lets ride, the trails are sweet. Gooseberry yesterday and Guacamole and JEM/Goulds today were awsome.

    I like how you think. And 60% chance of no rain in the desert is almost as good as no rain.... except with my luck. Every time I've come down to St. George in the past year I've brought the snow and rain down with me (Yes, we were at the Fab Four concert at the Tuahcan last Friday night in a horizontal rain storm and 40 degree temps). I'll stay away this weekend so's you guys can enjoy.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I like how you think. And 60% chance of no rain in the desert is almost as good as no rain.... except with my luck. Every time I've come down to St. George in the past year I've brought the snow and rain down with me (Yes, we were at the Fab Four concert at the Tuahcan last Friday night in a horizontal rain storm and 40 degree temps). I'll stay away this weekend so's you guys can enjoy.

    See... you bail and the chance of rain falls by 20%!
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  15. #15
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,586
    I'm out for this weekend... loss of a family member and a soon to attend funeral has everything in my life on hold for a while.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    I'm out for this weekend... loss of a family member and a soon to attend funeral has everything in my life on hold for a while.
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Similar Threads

  1. Trail conditions / weather conditions week of June 1 2010
    By 2melow in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
  2. Trail conditions / weather conditions week of May 20 2010
    By 2melow in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
  3. Idlewood conditions? Or (Insert SEPA Trail) conditions?
    By Colonialfez in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Mt. Pinos conditions? Viper conditions?
    By DHidiot in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •