mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Independent Fabrications

If anyone is interested in getting a custom bike. IF is the only way to go. I am racing for them this year, and if anyone is interested or has questions about these amazing bikes and is interested in owning one, let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

ok I'll bite

Quote Originally Posted by TiDeluxe
    If anyone is interested in getting a custom bike. IF is the only way to go. I am racing for them this year, and if anyone is interested or has questions about these amazing bikes and is interested in owning one, let me know.
    I've never heard of them. Got details? Photos? Websites? What's so great about them?
    [SIZE=1]If you cannot understand that there is something in a man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won't see why we go. What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy. If you have to ask the question, you won't understand the answer.[/SIZE]

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I've never heard of them. Got details? Photos? Websites? What's so great about them?
    http://www.ifbikes.com

$2600 for the Ti Hardtail.

Lovely looking bikes for sure. Would kill to ride one. There are one or two builds on the Save Some Weight forum.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

www.ifbikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Just let me say full custom. IF will build you a bike that not only fits you exactly how you dream of, but they customize the ride, you tell them what you want, and they make it. I said I want a stiff fast climbing bike, that is a singletrack destroyer, and I also want it to be a vertically compliant frame. They built me one, and it is exactly what I wanted. www.ifbikes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

You Can

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    http://www.ifbikes.com

$2600 for the Ti Hardtail.

Lovely looking bikes for sure. Would kill to ride one. There are one or two builds on the Save Some Weight forum.
    Hey that tideluxe w/red panels is a bike I got for a buddy of mine. It built up so nice. And you're right srp is $2600. I'll post pics of mine one of these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiDeluxe
    If anyone is interested in getting a custom bike. IF is the only way to go.
    Along with IF, there are a few companies out there doing the same thing, Seven, Serotta and Sycip to name a few. Ventana will even custom fit a FS rig for you. I'm sure they all have their advantages, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I've had a Seven Sola for over five years now and every time I ride it I can't believe how neutral and effortless the handling feels. IMHO it's the only way to go for hardtails and road frames, just be ready to open up the wallet 'cause it ain't cheap. Now if I could only get Dave to custom fit my Turner 5 Spot...