banned
    Jul 2013

If You Support New Trails in Sedona Please Help With This Forest Service Survey

Dear Fellow Mountain Biker:

In Sedona, AZ many passionate mountain bikers have been religiously attending the Sedona Trails Planning Process meetings. The results of these meetings will affect the building or adoption of user created trails for ten years or longer. To date we have had ten meetings and I have attended all but three. I believe there will be two more meetings before a decision is made to either allow new mountain bike trails in Sedona or not allow them. At this point we need your help in completing the survey (Red Rock Trails Plan Update Survey ) in a positive mountain biking stance.

The survey will take you about ten minutes to complete. I am friends with traildoc and these are his answers to the survey:

#1. Mountain biking

#2. Your Choice

#3. In the Other Box I Typed in Add User Created Mountain Bike Trails, 2nd I checked Add New Trails, 3rd I checked Volunteer Trail Work Program, 4th I Checked Trail Signage and 5th I Checked Trail Classification and Rating

#4. I checked Single Track and you should pick what other choices fit your riding style.

#5. I checked Single Track plus two additional choices that you feel are important.

#6. I put “Connector trails that enhance the current trail system” in the other box.

#7. I put “Connector trails that allow multiple loop options” in the other box. 2nd, 3rd & 4th choices are your preference.

#8. As a part-time hiker, I put in Easy-Needs More, More Difficult- Needs More

#9. This is a mountain biker question, so I put in Easy- Needs More, More Difficult-Needs More. I found this a difficult question because of the amount of mileage given for each classification. A 10-15 mile length of new trail in Sedona doesn’t seem possible under our current budget.

#10. This is an equestrian question, so I wasn’t sure what to put in, so I put Don’t Know in all the choices.

#11. Your Call

#12. This is a difficult survey question to answer since all boxes can be checked without any preference. Obviously some of the funds should come from the FS, but if they don’t have a big budget they are unable to add new trails as fast as some would hope for which means other funding is needed from other funding sources.

Our IMBA rep Patrick Kell has posted this survey on his Facebook page, so the local MTB community appreciates his support.

RMB

mtbr member
    This is the Utah board.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    This is the Utah board.
    And I spend a few weeks a year in Sedona and am glad to support their trails.

When our BLM travel management plan for Washington county (St George and surrounding area) comes up for public comment I'm posting links up in CA, AZ, CO, ID, WY and OR. Hopefully it will be met with non-jacka$$ replies and offers of assistance.

Since federal public lands belong to ALL US citizens comments from anyone carry weight in the process.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post

When our BLM travel management plan for Washington county (St George and surrounding area) comes up for public comment I'm posting links up in CA, AZ, CO, ID, WY and OR. Hopefully it will be met with non-jacka$$ replies and offers of assistance.

Since federal public lands belong to ALL US citizens comments from anyone carry weight in the process.
    He hadn't posted this to the Arizona board. It seemed reasonable to submit a jack ass response pointing out that he might have posted to the wrong board. I'm terribly sorry to have offended your sensibilities. I don't know the reason, but he subsequently posted to that board.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    He hadn't posted this to the Arizona board. It seemed reasonable to submit a jack ass response pointing out that he might have posted to the wrong board. I'm terribly sorry to have offended your sensibilities. I don't know the reason, but he subsequently posted to that board.
    Effective communication is a learned skill.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Effective communication is a learned skill.
    You'll improve. The key is to not get so emotionally invested.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You'll improve. The key is to not get so emotionally invested.
    More accurately.....stay away from the forums after consuming quad-shot espresso.

Seriously, we should all make sure we post up this type of stuff at the very least to neighboring states forums. All of our voices make a difference and those who want us severely limited or outright banned from public lands are well organized in many cases.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

MTBR member
    Jan 2007

I don't think MSU Alum was trying to be a d!ck-just pointing out the location of his post. No need for name calling. Best of luck with your cause Renegade!

banned
    Jul 2013
    wookie:

First I would like to thank all MTBR members who completed the survey. Secondly I posted in the AZ forum before I did in the UTAH forum. We fellow mountain bikers in Sedona would appreciated any help you guys and gals can provide filling out the survey in a positive new trail position.

Hi All, Thanks to everyone who attended our Red Rock Trails Planning meeting at the Hilton last night! One thing that was mentioned is the trail survey developed by a subcommittee of attendees. Here is the link to the survey.

The Verde Cyclist: Do you love the Red Rock Trails? We Need Your Input

Do you love the Red Rock Trails? Please take this quick survey and let your thoughts be known!

This survey is for all trail users: bikers, hikers, equestrians, runners, etc. The survey will be active until August 24th.

Please do not be confused by the fact that this is posted on the VVCC website: The VVCC is a partner in the Red Rock Trails public planning process and is hosting this survey to help with this planning process. Survey results will be used by the Forest Service, Red Rock District, to help decide future trail priorities. Please share with anyone you know that is interested.

Thanks for caring about Red Rock Trails!!

Jennifer Burns

Recreation Staff Officer

Red Rock Ranger District

Coconino National Forest

928-203-2900