Err
    Calm like a bomb

I Street Clean-up day - June 9th! -NEW DATE

NOTE: We had to slide this back a week from June 2nd to June 9th.

I Street Cleanup Day!

Mark your calendars, Saturday June 9th from 8 AM to Noon we're holding an cleanup event in coordination with the city at the I Street jumps. We're going to try to pull all the old trash, pallets, junk, etc out of there and get the place looking great. No jump building, just trash cleanup. WAFTA will have coffee, cold drinks, and snacks for workers. Bring gloves and maybe a rake. Hope to see EVERYONE out there!
    Last edited by Err; 05-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Bump to keep this fresh on our minds.

[IMG][/IMG]

If anyone would like a PDF of this to post somewhere helpful... PM me.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Pick up trash?
    Sounds good!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Just a reminder that the cleanup day is this coming Saturday. Hope to see everyone out to give the trails some love. We wont be passing judgement if you can't be there the whole 4 hours. Even if you've only got a little time, swing by for a bit and do what you can.

Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Bump for tomorrow.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Thanks to everyone who came out and made this day a huge success! The pile of trash we collected was just massive. This was a great first step at working with SLC and the Avenues community to greatly improve riding and family recreation. Again, thanks everyone for showing up and supporting the cause!

Yes, that's cylinder head in Joss' hands, we pulled an entire engine out of there!

Wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of trash

Whitney and Terry love I Street

No one puts more time into I Street than Carston

For reference, Adam riser is 6' 10" tall!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Hey, I am in one of the photos!

Unfortunately I am like the MLB and you can't use my image or likeness without expressed written consent

But seriously... Thanks for organizing, the clean up was really fun, and I can't believe how much junk was up there. I hope SLC took note of the effort and takes the steps necessary to make it an official park.

As an aside, I talked to the two city representatives (or maybe they were county, I am not sure now, in either case they were both very nice and showed genuine interest in working toward making I Street a park) and as a joke I said "Yeah, now all we need is an irrigation system so we can keep the dust down in the summer." They didn't laugh, but said that would be something they would work on. I would love to have the ability to spray down an entire jump line, nice a tacky.