mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Hotel suggestions Gooseberry Mesa St George

Any hotel suggestions. I am going to ride the Gooseberry Mesa trail close to St George Any hotels close or should I just stay in town?

mtbr member
    We liked the Best Western in Springdale (pet friendly hotel).

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Ja, stay in Springdale. It's a longer drive to the trails (except for Slickrock Swamp, AKA Rockville Bench, which is a sweet ride) but the town itself is absolutely lovely with great food and coffee.

Springdale is a bit more expensive because of its proximity to Zion, but there are a few bargains if you call around. Cheapest I have found is: http://www.elriolodge.com/

JMH

The Sentinel

If you're cheap, like me...

and don't care about foofy coffee or overpriced food, stay in Hurricane. I usually stay at the Travelodge. Cheap, clean, close to burgers and ice cream! It's closest to Gooseberry Mesa also. On your way back from Gooseberry, don't miss the burgers at the gas station in Apple Valley...yum!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

The guy with 5 kids
    Hampton Inn/St. George.. will be staying there a second time in October, very clean, reasonable rates and good service and close to a bunch of good restaurants too.

dave

mtbr member
    Somebody is supposed to be putting up Yurts on Gooseberry. I don't know if they're completed yet or not. Check this site
    http://www.gooseberrymesa.net/index.html

mtbr member

Ditto for Hampton Inn in SG

I have stayed 3 times now at the Hampton Inn right off I-15 in St. George - great people/service; bring your bikes into the room, great location, price is OK.
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Springdale

Expect to pay double in Springdale, but it is beautiful there. When there last year I was told there are NO pet friendly hotels there, had my pointer trail running dog. The road from Springdale to Gooseberry is bad. I ended up camping on the mesa.
    However one thing surprised me, there's a pet friendly trail in Zion NP, very few in national parks. In most parks and monuments dogs are not allowed out of the car.
    agmtb

Bored Carp
    um, the El Rio is less than 50 a night, year round, in Springdale.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.