mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Heber, Coyote Canyon conditions?

Curious as to if this is a ride worth doing, and what the condition of the trail might be tomorrow (Monday 9-16-2013)? I am in Midway today here from AZ and will either ride around here tomorrow or head south and ride Brianhead area, St George, Hurricane, or? Open for suggestions. We have done Wasatch Crest and Corner Canyon so far. Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions. We like tech, long XC, or pretty much anything.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Some friends of mine did this before all of the rain and loved it. Sounded like it was well worth doing.

mtbr member
    Don't expect much tech, its a good ride if your in the area with plenty of XC, still very fresh and wide, I find it to be an "ok" ride compared to other trails closer to Park City that are much better.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    What rides would you recommend? And do you think they will be ride able Monday?

mtbr member
    Flying Dog should be okay by Monday. Weather report has rain lingering down south, last I saw. Trails right on the Wasatch back will be wetter, as the clouds really got stuck over the ski areas yesterday, but the Flying Dog area only got a couple of showers.

oootard
    Quote Originally Posted by cklog View Post
    Curious as to if this is a ride worth doing, and what the condition of the trail might be tomorrow (Monday 9-16-2013)? I am in Midway today here from AZ and will either ride around here tomorrow or head south and ride Brianhead area, St George, Hurricane, or? Open for suggestions. We have done Wasatch Crest and Corner Canyon so far. Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions. We like tech, long XC, or pretty much anything.
    Hopefully Corner Canyon treated you well. I believe that I ran into you guys in the parking lot as you started your ride. Hopefully my directions worked out OK.

I would also vote for a more proper Park City ride over Coyote. Coyote needs a solid year of riding before it will be really fun. Hit Flying Dog network or even Mid Mountain. I rode it on Saturday and had a blast. Conditions were a little wet (we got stuck in the rain), but by Monday it should be prime.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    drb, yes that was us, your directions were great! It was a fun ride. I think we will probably head south early AM and do Thunder Mtn and then maybe gooseberry and maybe something in ST George. Thanks