mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Hardtails for rent in Moab?

Jeez, poison spider and chile pepper bike shops only rent FS rides. Any shop that rents hardtails? Staying in moab for a week and I'm sure my girlfriend would want to tag along on an easy ride or two. I'll be bring my own bike, just need something for her. I think FS would be overkill for what she would want to handle.
    Thanks!
    -jon

Bored Carp
    She and her soft tissue will appreciate the FS. Even on the easiest trails in Moab. Particularly if she is a beginner.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Why would you want to do that to your girlfriend?

Even if she doesn't push her limits on anything she'll want to be aboard a FS, trust me. Just rent a lightweight 4" FS rig, not some DH sled.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    She and her soft tissue will appreciate the FS. Even on the easiest trails in Moab. Particularly if she is a beginner.
    I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth, otherwise I would've spit it out all over the computer. Good point!
    -jon

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Even if she doesn't push her limits on anything she'll want to be aboard a FS, trust me. Just rent a lightweight 4" FS rig, not some DH sled.
    Probably 'cuz I ride a hardtail and don't see a need for full suspension for what I ride...read that as no drops over 3'...but I guess I need to look at it from her point of view.
    -jon

mtbr member
    Rent a highend Blur LT (Moab Cyc), 575 Yeti(Poison Sp.) or a Giant Trance X(Chile) and find out where your hardtail skills could take ya. You'll climb better and descend like Butta. Hardly many places ya can sample the candy like Moab,Utah.