mtbr member

Good SLC shop for a noob?

I know someone who will be bike shopping in the next few days, that knows very little about bikes. What shops provide the best guidance in the area?

Natty Dread
    Guthrie is a pretty friendly shop and has both value bikes as well as nice high end stuff. Trek and Santa Cruz I think are their main brands.

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    I purchased 2 of my bikes at bicycle center, found good deals on them there, and they have a ton of stock so you can try different stuff out.

Do online research before you go to a shop. First decide your price range and that will dictate most of what you get, where to look, and what brands you want to look at. Plenty of great shops in the valley, but not all carry both sides of the price spectrum.

biking is fun
    laketown bikes in west jordan. Very knowledgeable and awesome staff. The owners are always there working on bikes too. I have shopped at most other shops around and cant see myself ever going anywhere else.

mtbr member
    I've bought bikes from both Canyon Bicycles (Specialized) and Infinite Cycles (Canondale). I like both shops but if your in the market for a Canondale it's hard to beat Infinites free tune-up service for any bikes bought from their shop.

Picture Unrelated
    There are enough good shops in the area that you can nearly pick the one that's closest to you and start there. Some of my favorites are White Pine Touring, Revolution, and Go-Ride.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?