Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Global warming my A#$

Corner canyon this morning, man I really, really want summer to come..
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    For every post like the one above, there should be post like this:

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/mar2...8-03-26-01.asp
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    For every post like the one above, there should be post like this:

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/mar2...8-03-26-01.asp
    And this "Increasing global temperature will cause sea level to rise, and is expected to increase the intensity of extreme weather events and to change the amount and pattern of precipitation"
    taken from wikipedia

But politics and head in the sand attitudes aside, today's and yesterday's weather sucks.

We had almost summer weather at Gooseberry Saturday.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member

Geeze guys

It was just a joke

Takin'er easy
    There is no joking in mountain biking. This is serious business.

over researcher
    Cool pics. Get it, get it? Cool!! Geez, I crack myself up.

Am I a pansy for not wanting to ride my bike in the neighborhood when the roads are wet and possibly salty? That's all I'm able to get in.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Hey, I was up on Gooseberry on Saturday... were you the kid riding in sneakers on the Magna playing Journey really loud on the boombox?

That was some of the funniest **** I have ever seen on Gooseberry.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    And this "Increasing global temperature will cause sea level to rise, and is expected to increase the intensity of extreme weather events and to change the amount and pattern of precipitation"
    taken from wikipedia

But politics and head in the sand attitudes aside, today's and yesterday's weather sucks.

We had almost summer weather at Gooseberry Saturday.

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Hey, I was up on Gooseberry on Saturday... were you the kid riding in sneakers on the Magna playing Journey really loud on the boombox?

JMH
    That sounds like Neil, manager of Adrenaline Bikes. The boombox wasn't an extremely small white one, inside of a pink handlebars basket (that he took off his daughter's bike) was it? He had that setup on a Thursday night Fullerton Loop ride one, uh, Thursday night. No Magna though. He was riding a real bike.

Bike Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    taken from wikipedia
    Do you think that the ocean will rise enough to get rid of So. Cal? If so then I'm all for global warming.

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Do you think that the ocean will rise enough to get rid of So. Cal? If so then I'm all for global warming.
    There are some nice parts of Southern California. My favorites are the signs that say "Now leaving California".

mtbr member
    Is there any good trails around the Canyons/park city area? I was just there last week and the snow is 10 feet. How long does it take for all that to melt? Also, where is Gooseberry compared to Park City/Canyons area? How far is Moab and in what direction is Moab? Just want to get an idea, maybe going there in the summer time. I know 15, 80, 215, goin toward alta/snowbird brighton/solitude...and route 40 goin toward Heber/Provo..
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

Bike Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase810
    Is there any good trails around the Canyons/park city area? I was just there last week and the snow is 10 feet. How long does it take for all that to melt? Also, where is Gooseberry compared to Park City/Canyons area? How far is Moab and in what direction is Moab? Just want to get an idea, maybe going there in the summer time. I know 15, 80, 215, goin toward alta/snowbird brighton/solitude...and route 40 goin toward Heber/Provo..

You are obviously able to access the internet, find a map.

mtbr member
    You are obviously able to access the internet, find a map.
    A-hole!!!
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

Bike Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase810
    A-hole!!!

Clever retort, maybe you can't find the map.

mtbr member
    Clever retort, maybe you can't find the map.
    Oh, I see, you're one of those internet tough guy, that means you're a punk. Not playing your game. I will put you on my ignore list.

mtbr member
    Jase810 - Seriously. What direction is Moab from where? Goosberry, Park City, Canyons? Your post is unclear. Where was the snow 10 feet? You want help, give more info.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH

JMH
    Sorry not me. I did see a guy pulling his daughter on a Tag Along on the center road, out by the yellow trail. That would have taken some effort. It was surprising to see all the vehicles at the trail head, yet see very few people on the trail.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Gooseberry is 5 hours south of Salt Lake City.

Yes, the trails in Park City are some of the best in Utah. Over 300 miles of perfect alpine singletrack. They will probably be rideable starting in May at the lower elevations, with the high stuff melting out in June/July.

Sorry for the curt replies, but your questions COULD have easily been answered with a 5 minute Google search or two... our Utard spirit of self-reliance (handy for not dying in the desert) can make us a tad intolerant of laziness :

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Bike Snob
    [QUOTE=JMH]
    Sorry for the curt replies, but your questions COULD have easily been answered with a 5 minute Google search or two... our Utard spirit of self-reliance (handy for not dying in the desert) can make us a tad intolerant of laziness :

Good thing JMH is here to temper my testiness.

Talentless Hack

If that happened

Utah would be over run with California scum. Next thing you know we would have 33 million people living here. We want global cooling so they can expand into the ocean.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    Jase810 - Seriously. What direction is Moab from where? Goosberry, Park City, Canyons? Your post is unclear. Where was the snow 10 feet? You want help, give more info.
    You're right...

Got a plase at the Canyons that I go to every year, was there from 3/22 - 3/29. Skied Solitude, Alta, and The Canyons. I guess 10 feet of snow is pushing it, but it was close to that at Alta.

Will do my research. Just wanted to get an idea in what direction Moab is from the Canyons park city area. I know the Park City area, Alta/snowbird, and Solitude/Brightion areas so since I know that, wanted to know in what direction is Moab and what direction is Gooseberry from the Park City area. I will do some research and figure it out.

Thanks guys...keep riding!!!!

mtbr member

hey Im California scum

Hey Im california scum....seems to me with out california scum we wouldnt have this here sport we all love called mountain biking.....in a fabled place called marin county near frisco....and oh my gosh....by a bunch of hippies non the less...by the way I live in orem

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Boy 1
    Utah would be over run with California scum. Next thing you know we would have 33 million people living here. We want global cooling so they can expand into the ocean.
    If you are old enough to recall... back in the early 70's... the environmentalist gouge was a new ice age was upon us...! .... maybe that could happen - and Utah would be safe from all the population explosion subsequent to California sinking due to global warming. There certainly is enough mis-information, confusion, disagreement and down right sillyness as it concerns all these sort of matters that we (the human species) have little or no control over. Oops, I had totally forgotten about the San Andreas fault line!!! Now there's some real, provable possibility to sort out (so to speak) the California coast line and recreate one a little farther EAST!!

Cheers... Dave
    "To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the best product of civilization"... Bertrand Russell

mtbr member
    In the spirit of the thread topic: Warmest March on Record.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0418112341.htm

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    In the spirit of the thread topic: Deadly winter storms - the worst in five decades

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaust...n_china_539230

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast