MTB Mamba
    May 2007

Flying Monkey Trail - xpost from Videos/PoV forum

My first time there and I was definitely hesitant all over not knowing what was coming next. A lot slower than the 2 guys with me

Last edited by QuenteK25; 12-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Better to be smart and take it slow than to find yourself in over your head and sorry on a turn with rocks and a cliff. That trail is really fun; but, if you haven't ridden trails like it - it has lots of exposure and many sections are a full on fist fight with your bars to keep your front tire pointed straight.

Hope you had fun. Did you ride it more than once? With each run you figure the trail out a bit more. I have only ridden the Monkey a few times; but, each time was smoother than the previous.

I'd rather be biking...
    I have lived in STG all my life and have rode on every inch of single track down here, legal, not legal plenty of times and that is the one I just have never got to. One day I'll cross it off the list and tag along with friends.

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    I've lived here almost 5 years and it's one of the few left (that I know of) that I hadn't hit yet.

I still need to ride Little Creek, and countless others that I'm not even aware of.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    I have lived in STG all my life and have rode on every inch of single track down here, legal, not legal plenty of times and that is the one I just have never got to. One day I'll cross it off the list and tag along with friends.
    ?? So you haven't rode every inch then?

Nice video QuenteK25, there appears to be less pucker factor than I expected, although still more than I'm comfortable with. I'm sure it's more extreme that the video indicates.

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    There's still pucker factor, but not as bad as I thought. Keep in mind though that I edited out segments where I hopped off and walked. They weren't long sections, but they were pucker worthy drops or rocky sections that I wasn't going to take chances on.

What you see in the video is everything I felt comfortable riding. Probable 95% of the trail...but that 5% was the major pucker factor

Pretty much any time I caught up with the other 2 riders they were either making sure I was OK, or checking out a pucker section.
    Last edited by QuenteK25; 12-05-2012 at 09:30 AM.