NOT Team Sanchez

Flying Monkey with SMT

Well, SMT was in town so we hooked up to do the upper and lower Monkey, unfortunately in the early morning before we arrived a huge slab of rock fell off the cliff and landed square in the road near the top. We were still able to park 3/4 of the way up and hike around the rock slide then we had to pedal the rest of the way. Given that SMT's bike has no uphill capability whatsoever (the thing's got a road cassette?) and being on on a time crunch, we opted to just do the original Flying Monkey, or lower Monkey. The trail's in rough shape (erosion, dirtslides, etc, but I've been talking with Zion crew and we're going to do some trail maintenance this fall) from runoff but we still got our tech flow on about midway down once you hit the rockgardens. No pics of the trail, sorry, but every time I ride this I'm too focused to take any pics.......that and I hate having to stop and pull out the camera out of the backpack.....maybe next time. Good times SMT, we'll have to do it again. Funny thing about this morning was I'm not sure what sketched me out worse, the trail, or worrying I'd get mugged
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez

here are the pics

hazy morning. SMT glamour shot. Rockslide. Austin in front of Rockslide. Slowpokes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like bikes.

I'd rather be biking...
    Well that's boring, Why didn't you ride over it?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Bobaloo!

Bike Snob
    Dood, that rockslide is awesome. With all the strange events happening lately did you check to see if someone was under that rock?