I need skills
    Jul 2004

Fishlake National forest??

Hi all,
    I did an advanced forum search and didn't find any info on mt bike trails in the Fishlake National forest. Is there singletrack there? If so, what types of mt bike trails are there, being built?

thanks in advance,
    Charlie

NMBP
    There is a trail that goes at least part way around Fish lake. I don't know much about it though. Go to Utah Mountainbiking and click the trails button.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The Fishlake National Forest covers a lot of area, and subregions are not all contiguous. Is there a specific spot you're looking at? I vaguely recall hearing about trails near Fish Lake itself, and it looks like the Tushar Mountains are within the boundaries of the Fishlake N.F. The Crusher in the Tushar is a road/dirt event that has been held there for a few years. You might want to look into the route of that event. But generally, it looks like the trails in that part of Utah are going to be locally built ATV routes. You could get more local response by posting in the utahmountainbiking.com forums.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    There is the trail that goes around the lake somewhat. It is an OK trail but parts of it could be a death march. I would check on Utahmountainbiking.com and they have the map there. There are tons of ATV trails there, so, you should be able to find something that works for you. I usually go down there once a year and there aren't too many singletrack specific trails. If you find some, let me know I would like to ride them.

mtbr member
    Have a gander at this old thread. Boulder Mountain - Torrey, UT
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.