mtbr member

Fat bikers Dimple Dell Park is ready to ride

Hey All,

Sunday morning with the clear air and fresh snow I ventured over to Dimple Dell Park/Canyon for some Fat Biking. It was cold and crisp (10F), but the riding was good. The area from about 3rd East to 13th East was packed and very good riding. I rode mostly the single track areas that were soft in comparison the the main trails that are pretty packed. From 13th East I made it to about 23rd East riding the South side that is narrow and lightly packed. It eventually got too soft for anything but hike-a-bike. At that point I crossed over to the North side at higher elevation. That is a much more used trail and was good riding again. North side is not as entertaining as the single track, but still fun. From the North side I could have easily continued East, but instead headed back West to look for more tight trails. As you can guess there were very few other trail users. In two hours I only saw one other and he was Skijoring (looks very fun) with two dogs.

If anyone has any questions about winter riding in that area put them in this post.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

Your Best Friend
    I'm down for a ride there next Sunday morning. Time and place? I've never ridden there.