mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Enchilada Enduro spectator?

Where do you think would be the best place to watch, heckle, cheer and drink!

mtbr member
    Not much of a spectator's course as far as getting to a good spot to watch.... but if I could be helidropped to one spot on the course with my beach chair, cooler, and unbrella it would be the Notch/Snotch.

Driving up to the bottom of Hazard and hiking up a bit or down Kokopelli a bit might also be a good yet much more accessable spot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I was thinkin bout the "Snotch" area, shouldn't be hard to get to. Kinda worried about parking by the cattle guard. Also debating walkin up from the bottom to the "Diving Board" and finish area. Good sight lines, but a long way to carry beverages. Ya think a person could drive up Porc and park near the rim?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro View Post
    Ya think a person could drive up Porc and park near the rim?
    You mean drive up Sand Flats road to the Porc trailhead then drive up the trail to the Castle Valley overlook? That's a pretty stout four-wheel drive trail/road but I suppose that would work if you have the right vehicle for it.

You can't drive up Porc from the river, of course.... You could ride up it I suppose since they're not using the Porc Singletrack at the bottom for the race. Finish line is at Lunch Rock just before the singletrack starts, I think.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob;9645150
    You can't [I
    drive[/I] up Porc from the river, of course....
    Why not? Not the ST but couldn't you drive up the actual PR jeep trail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Why not? Not the ST but couldn't you drive up the actual PR jeep trail?
    I didn't know the jeep trail went all the way down to the river. I thought it was a dead end where the singletrack starts.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I didn't know the jeep trail went all the way down to the river. I thought it was a dead end where the singletrack starts.
    It goes to the right there. You are probably right though. I don't think it goes to the river. Hmmm, really no place is really easy to get to. Loop road is closed before Hazard so even driving up to Koko would be tough.

You could drive up Sandflats to UPS I suppose, or just riding up the PR ST or the climb to the look out. None of wich are terribly easy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Can you still camp at the Porcupine Rim site? The spot right on the rim....had a shitter.....trail comes right through camp? I think it's just a little higher then the cattleguard and LPS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro View Post
    Can you still camp at the Porcupine Rim site? The spot right on the rim....had a shitter.....trail comes right through camp? I think it's just a little higher then the cattleguard and LPS.
    Yup- the trail comes right through camp, and it's just a little further up sandflats from the cattle guard/gate. It has an outhouse, no shelter. It is still there, camping's first come first serve I think. and UP the trail from there would be an awesome, beautiful place to hang out.. It's where UPS heads down a long steeeeep slick rock slope. Views of castleton tower from the top of this slope. There are many different lines down this section, all fun and photogenic.