mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Driving across country in Jeep w/ XC bike, any camp near 80, east of SLC w/ trails?

Next week, Thursday/Friday I will be coming through on 80, and was wondering if anyone could point me to a nice place to tent camp (I know its getting cold, will have gear). I would like to spend the day mtn biking and camping if possible. Being from VT, there aren't many people and lots of trails, I want to make sure I don't annoy any landowners in UT. Thanks in advance, I have always had great luck asking locals for advice.

Thanks,
    Matt

mtbr member
    Its quite a bit East of SLC, but Curt Gowdy state park is just off of I80, near Laramie. Awesome riding - I recommend stopping by if you're driving through.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    There's this little place east of SLC called Park City that has a few trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Not much within Park City for camping. Nearby state parks/reservoirs have camping, like Jordanelle, Rock Port, etc.

Also East Canyon has similar setups.

On the SLC side there are places in Big Cottonwood Canyon to camp, such as Spruces.

And there are tons of trails to ride in the Wasatch range, either SLC or Park City side.

mtbr member
    check out:

The Skid Map