mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Downhill SLC for Michigander

Hello,

Coming to Utah with my teen son to go to Moab, I wanted to do some downhill courses near SLC but was looking for ones without too many jumps (obstacles etc-) due to son being new to MB...Looking for suggestions. Thanks

mtbr member
    A variety of downhills at Deer Valley Resort, if you are inclined to buy a lift ticket. Also, I think there are new runs at The Canyons Resort. If you want something easy and don't mind climbing, Bob's Basin near Jeremy Ranch is a good beginner area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Deer Valley

I was looking at Deer Valley, unfortunatly it looks like they will be closed the days we are planning to come (Sept 4/5)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
    I was looking at Deer Valley, unfortunatly it looks like they will be closed the days we are planning to come (Sept 4/5)
    Do you need lift served? Did you check out Solitude or any other places?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    However, I believe PCMR's lifts will be running. Both Town Lift and Pay Day. You could ride one of those up and then take mid-mountain trail over to DV.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Coming from MI, do this https://www.wcshuttle.com/content/in...ail_mtbshuttle 1000 feet of climbing fairly spread out for 4000+ down with great views you don't get in MI.

Plenty of gnarlier stuff around, but being a former michigander myself, most will agree that this is still the premier local trail ride.
    Last edited by phatfreeheeler; 08-25-2012 at 05:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks all, I really appreciate it. Looks like we are going to end up being there on a Thursday afterall so were planning on doing the bike park at The Canyons,,,then Friday look for some cross country trails around PC...Cant wait