mtbr member
    Oct 2003

Dirt Jumps off the side of highway 89????

Hey, me and my dad were driving on that road coming home from the dump on saturday. haha. And I looked down this little valley thing on the south side of the highway, and I thought I saw a bunch a dirt jumps. Does anyone know if I was just seeing things? Or if they're really there? And could you tell me how good they are and stuff?
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by Spjute; 05-04-2004 at 10:02 PM. Reason: didn't add word highway
    Pain is only temporary...Glory lasts forever.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Could you be a little more specific as too the location?

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by donyel
    Could you be a little more specific as too the location?
    Well, we were heading south and it was on the right side (west) We had just gotten on the highway from where you get on if you go to the city dump, or golf course and stuff. If youre going south, it's like 1/2 to 1 mile after the overpass that is at the top of that hill. And then you just look down in this gully/valley thing and I thought I saw a bunch of dirt jumps. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I know where you are talking about (East Layton) because I live and ride nearby, but you still did not ever say what city or part of the state you were in.. Hwy 89 goes from one end of the state to the other off and on. There is a trail around an irigation pond near where you were. The pond is almost in the corner of Hwy 193 and 89. I do not know if there are any great jumps but you can access the trail from the first neighborhood you come to when you head West on 193 from 89, go south into the houses and watch for a paved trail then go down the hill and stay left to go on to the dirt and around the pond. Good Luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by STPForever
    I know where you are talking about (East Layton) because I live and ride nearby, but you still did not ever say what city or part of the state you were in.. Hwy 89 goes from one end of the state to the other off and on. There is a trail around an irigation pond near where you were. The pond is almost in the corner of Hwy 193 and 89. I do not know if there are any great jumps but you can access the trail from the first neighborhood you come to when you head West on 193 from 89, go south into the houses and watch for a paved trail then go down the hill and stay left to go on to the dirt and around the pond. Good Luck

Now those are some decent directions for finding a trail! Thanks. (head up the big hill a ways off the dirt road and take a left a little after dead squirrel.... directions don't help much). Doubt I'll go there anyway.. The riding in bountiful and slc is too good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Please forgive me for trying to help, you sounded like a 13 year old with his first bike, so I wanted to try and encourage you to ride as some great riders did for me in the past. You may have noticed that no one else even replied because your directions were so bad. There are plenty of great trails around, but I am glad that you want to stay SLC.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Please forgive me for trying to help, you sounded like a 13 year old with his first bike, so I wanted to try and encourage you to ride as some great riders did for me in the past. You may have noticed that no one else even replied because your directions were so bad. There are plenty of great trails around, but I am glad that you want to stay SLC.
    The tone on a public forum is hard to detect sometimes....stpforever, your dirctions ARE good. Thanks. Seriously. I was trying to say that YOUR directions do help and that the other directions posted do not help much (I didn't post any directions).

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    Well, sorry for not giving perfect directions. FYI, I am 16, my second bike, and I bike almost once a week and sometimes even more. I'm sorry my directions weren't good enough, but it's hard to explain what I'm talking about. No one else replied probly cuz they don't know what I'm talking about. I don't want to ride on some wimpy trail around the lake. I'm a freerider and I've got better things to do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjute
    I don't want to ride on some wimpy trail around the lake. I'm a freerider and I've got better things to do.
    Same here. I know what you mean, there's a lot of easy XC rides around but it's tough to find a dh/freeride trail with sizeable stunts/jumps or a dirt jump area. There's some good dirt jumps in slc you should hit ...here's the link http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...6_4583crx.aspx