Brass Nipples!

Current Moab / San Rafael Swell conditions?

I have to be in Provo on Thursday (travelling from St. George) and I'm trying to decide if a trip over to the SR Swell or to Moab would be worthwhile on the way up. St. George was grazed by this latest storm, but I can't tell from weather reports what things are like on the ground in the above locations.

Any reports? Thanks in advance.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Another thread?
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    Another thread?
    Who are you, the thread police? I couldn't find anything current and unless people are subscribed to a thread, I'm not going to get people to look a a weeks old thread with an addendum.

So can you answer my question or point me to one? Thanks for any help.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    I did point you. Click on the word "another"

Moab is all open except for LaSal trails.

Brass Nipples!
    I did point you. Click on the word "another"

Moab is all open except for LaSal trails.
    OK, thanks then, but the most current info in the thread is a week old, any lower elevation snow since?

How about the Swell? I've seen blizzard conditions there when Moab was clear.

mtbr member
    Can't tell you about the Swell, but again... Moab is all open. LaSals have had some weather over the last week (rain and a bit of snow), but nothing down here. Chilly today and rained a bit in town last night, windy yesterday and today as well. You know the weather... it can change fast, so who knows what it will be like when your trip comes. Right now... it's great out here.

Brass Nipples!
    Can't tell you about the Swell, but again... Moab is all open. LaSals have had some weather over the last week (rain and a bit of snow), but nothing down here. Chilly today and rained a bit in town last night, windy yesterday and today as well. You know the weather... it can change fast, so who knows what it will be like when your trip comes. Right now... it's great out here.
    Good enough for me. If I can't ride on the way, I guess I'll just get another day in Moab.

Thanks again.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    Good enough for me. If I can't ride on the way, I guess I'll just get another day in Moab.

Thanks again.
    Swell should be swell on Thursday Bob. There's been some precip in the last 24, but hardly enough to worry about and everything rideable/fun out there has been dry for over a week anyway.

MC

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The riding in st george is great.

Why not just ride there?
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    Why not just ride there?
    I do really like my local rides, but variety is the spice and all that.

Brass Nipples!
    The Swell was, well, swell as Mikesee said. There were patches of snow in the northeast facing gullies on top, but nothing anywhere near the 5 miles of Hell trail. The wind was a tad bit chilly, but conditions were otherwise great today.