mtbr member
    May 2006

Crest to Dog Lake?

Curious if anyone has checked out the Crest to Dog Lake? Suspect there is still too much snow but thought I'd see if anyone has been on these trails yet. Climbed up Pincone Ridge last week and almost made it to the top, but still a bit of snow to trudge through.

@trailgrinder
    I heard the crest still had drifts? How many miles did you make it up pine one. I ws there on we'd but decided to go to spiro at the junction rather than chance a muddy pinecone. Cole sports was no help either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Per Mountain Trails Foundation on Facebook - posted morning of Sun Jun 16:

Trail Update: For those of you pondering the status of Pinecone, the first three miles are in great shape-even dusty in spots, but for the last mile you'll encounter several large patches of snow with one tree down and a mandatory hike-a-bike for the last snow-packed half-mile or so. It should be close by next weekend.

If you are looking to access the Crest via Guardsman Pass, Scott's Bypass has one large patch of snow early on and one large tree down in the pines that will see the saw tomorrow afternoon. The Crest itself looked fairly snow-free.

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    Im going to ride up armstrong and backtrack up the crest well see how far i can get tomorrow.

mtbr member
    4 or 5 days ago I rode up to Shadow Lake (via Keystone which had some wet sections) and took the Shadow Lake Loop which got snowy and wet part way up. I then went back down and rode the access road to Puke Hill and the ridge (Crest). That route was completely dry and rideable. The Crest looked clear to the north as far as I could see, but I didn't head in that direction. I ran into a guy who had come up Pinecone and said it was also rideable, but I didn't ride it myself.