mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Crazy question but I'll ask

I'm hitting Moab in early June with a group of 5 others. There are two riders in our group who are about 80% roadies, 20% mtb. They are prepared to ride all mtb in Moab but were curious about the road scene. Is it worth taking one day of the four we have to ride and doing a road ride? Yes, I realize I'm asking this question on mtbr but I'm sure there are plenty of you who go both ways!
    Thanks.

Picture Unrelated
    If you haven't been to Moab before then a road ride through Arches or really through most any of the area is a unique way to see the landscape. Everywhere you turn is basically spectacular and I've always liked to sight-see by bike. I'm not a roadie so I wouldn't personally take a day off of the trails to ride on a road (since when is that a good use of time?) but if you chose to you would certainly have plenty of decent places to ride. The La Sal Loop Road might be a cool option with a pretty stiff elevation gain and hearty length, hopefully an actual roadie will chime in and give some proper suggestions.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Bike Snob
    They will love it. After getting trashed by the terrain for a couple days it will feel like a day off....us roadie types are soft.

Bored Carp
    The road riding in Moab is some of the best in the country.

Arches is pretty, but they will ticket you for riding side by side.

Ride_2.jpg

Potash Road, Dead Horse Point, the La Sal loop road, or Highway 128 are all spectacular. Scott at Poison Spider is a great resource for ride suggestions based on your itinerary/exhaustion levels.

Sunday_9
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the advice. We are renting bikes at Poison Spider so we will check with them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Road riding in Moab is awesome. Consider riding out to dead horse point ann the northern entrance to canyon lands. Spectacular scenery and relatively little traffic. Here are some of my mtn bike ride reports for the area.

Ride Report
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!