Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Coming from Texas to SingleSpeed in Park City

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  boomvader 
#1 ·
I'm coming to Utah from Houston Texas and I was wondering what gear ratios do you guys use in Park City and the Salt Lake area on your Single Speeds. I've only ever ridden my downhill bike around there. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Probably 2 weeks till the MM is rideable all the way across (a good tree pile every 200 yards right now). We may be a good month out on the Crest. Still a lot of snow up there.

#11 ·
Cheers!

Quick question. So do I have to post 5 posts to other threads each time I want to create a thread? Or is it only this first time?

Seems kind of crazy that I would have to create spam on other threads in order to create my own?
You consider posting on other threads "spam"? I don't know about only having a couple of posts on mtbr, check my count. and it's really over 11,000 but 6000 replies disappeared when mtbr changed their system a few months ago. Not that I'm complaining, who wants to be known as somebody who posts 11k replies on any one website. I mean, come on. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, Texan coming from sea level with basically level trails to ride at elevation in Utah on a singlespeed? I want a full report! (I was born in Ft. Worth)

#13 ·
Oh yeah, Texan coming from sea level with basically level trails to ride at elevation in Utah on a singlespeed? I want a full report! (I was born in Ft. Worth)
Singlespeeder ehh?

I was talking to a racer who casually rides the wasatch crest. He was telling me about how some of a few bmx guys on singlespeed rode it with him one day. Apparently they made it, but it was slow and they had a walk it in a number of spots.

#15 ·
There is the bonneville shorline that stretches from utah valley and continues in salt lake valley. Great portions of this of the shoreline have been converted into trails that are pretty nice and flat. I would imagine you would want to pony up on a geared bike to do some of the more stringent climbing rides, but hey more power to ya if you can stick it out on a singlespeed.

#16 ·
report on my ride: beauty. I rode from the park city ride up spiro which connected to the lower end of puke hill. Dropped back down in into the canyons and looped on the highway back to park city resort. Fewee was that a ride. About 22 miles and I believe about 3600 feet climbing.

If any of you have not checcked out the newer trails in corner canyon (draper) do it. Canyon hollow, and rush are amazing! Some of the best single track I have ridden at a very convenient location! Good work Draper City.

Fewee I get to create my own first post now.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.