a dad
    Jan 2004

Camping near St George??

Heading that way for a few days.. any suggestions on places to camp... or cheap hotels that might be dog friendly..

Thanks, Happy Christmas..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Many Options.

There are many options for unsupported camping in the area.

1. The Road that leads to broken mesa trail/ turkey farm has many places you can pull out and camp. Some within only a mile of town.

2. The warner valley area outside of hurricane where the Intermountain cups cholla challange bike race is held offers tons of unsupported camping and tons of ATV's. There are lots of roads out there so you can get away from the main roads and have a peaceful enough spot

3. Navajo Lane. Navajo lane at the bottom of the bear claw poppy area turns into a dirt road and goes on for maybe 10 miles before joining the highway near gunlock res. Plenty of places to camp out there.

As for as motels go I have stayed at the Coronado inn on St George Blvd a few times. Seems like its around 40 a night. Honestly its older and a little run down but I like it because the rooms have little kitchettes which makes eating on the cheap alot easier.

I also have a vacation rental in the area but its not cheap. I do give a good discount to mtn bikers but its still pretty expensive for just one person. Great deal for a small family. Home near Zion Nat. Park
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway View Post
    There are many options for unsupported camping in the area.

1. The Road that leads to broken mesa trail/ turkey farm has many places you can pull out and camp. Some within only a mile of town.

2. The warner valley area outside of hurricane where the Intermountain cups cholla challange bike race is held offers tons of unsupported camping and tons of ATV's. There are lots of roads out there so you can get away from the main roads and have a peaceful enough spot

3. Navajo Lane. Navajo lane at the bottom of the bear claw poppy area turns into a dirt road and goes on for maybe 10 miles before joining the highway near gunlock res. Plenty of places to camp out there.

As for as motels go I have stayed at the Coronado inn on St George Blvd a few times. Seems like its around 40 a night. Honestly its older and a little run down but I like it because the rooms have little kitchettes which makes eating on the cheap alot easier.

I also have a vacation rental in the area but its not cheap. I do give a good discount to mtn bikers but its still pretty expensive for just one person. Great deal for a small family. Home near Zion Nat. Park
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated..

Its a couple of us and if a couple more join us we might take you up on the rental..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    I'll often camp just above Hurricane on the roads around Gould's Rim.
    Also, the La Quinta in St George is very clean and dog friendly.
    Was able to get a huge room there for $79 a night recently.