Thread: BYU anyone?

Moose Member

BYU anyone?

Just got moved into my room at BYU and was wondering if there is anyone else here or that knows the area? I'm looking for some aggressive riding, DH/FR preferred, but any riding is better than no riding. I like dirt jumping too.

bad news is, I don't have a car with me, but I'm down to take busses or get places however.
    I'm also okay with riding 30 or so minutes to a riding spot if it's worth it.

All i have though is a Dirt jumper, and a full blown DH rig. I can ride my dirt jumper on all-mountainy stuff though.

anyone in the BYU Provo area know any good riding or want to ride?

some pics of my riding:

BYU anyone?-day-4-007.jpg

BYU anyone?-seq-001-small-.jpg

BYU anyone?-sequence-002-small-.jpg

mtbr member
    Sundance resort is fun, and cheap for BYU students, I believe. Not sure about the bus service from campus, though.

Lambert Park is fun, but not DH/FR in the least. Fun trails, though. Mountain Ranch bike park is across the valley in Eagle Mountain. Smallish FR features on the short trails in the park, and a real fun trail (Flintstone) with features and a couple natural ledge drops outside of the park. You'll need a car to get to these places, though. These are the only Utah Co places I've ridden.

Good luck!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sundance is pretty fun. There is also the Squaw Peak DH Trail in Provo Canyon. It is fast and has some nice features, only problem is there is no shuttle service to it.. and squaw peak road wouldn't be the funnest riding/pushing up. There are also some trails behind Mt Timpanogas park up Provo canyon. More XC ish though.
    Check out my riding blog:

http://onetrailatatime.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Might just be time to invest in a xc bike...
    Bear Down

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I went to the Y back in the day.

If you want big dirt jumps, your best bets are I-street in SLC, Ogden has some, Draper, park city, and Moab has some too. Definitely take a trip down to Moab, there's some fun stuff there.

For Freeride/DH check out the Maple Hollow trail in Draper. It's under construction right now. It'd be cool if you could help build it:

Maple Hollow (Draper) DH Planning and Design Walk Through Sat, Sept 15

Also, almost all the ski resorts here gavr killer ridong
    Canyons is the closest to whistler, but theyve all got some killer riding.
    Last edited by sixstringsteve; 10-13-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    There is a ton of riding around you, but you will probably want a bike that you can pedal uphill.

Check out:

Utah Mountain Biking - Trails, Information, Repairs

And make friends with other riders who have cars! Enjoy the Y, it's a great school. I graduated in '04.

frog

mtbr member
    Sounds like you need to find some like-minded riding buddies in your dorm who have a car or better yet, a truck.

Maybe post a notice on the bulletin board or something (Do they still have those?)

Park City is only 45 minutes away. Road to Arcylon and Trailside Park are both short DH/jump line trails that can be easily pushed or pedaled up.