Sled of Lead.

Brianhead 4th of July Weekend

Hey all,
    I'm planning on being in Brianhead Utah for 4th of July weekend. I'm looking for some intel on what's open in the bike park and which shuttle rides are operating. The Brianhead website seems to be lacking specific detail.

Which trails are riding best? Clear of dead fall?

Are the shuttles operating daily?

Which trails are open in the bike park?

I've heard rumors that the Giant Steps chair is being replaced this summer. Is this true? If so, how does this affect summer operations?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I read somwhere that the trails by the Giant Steps chair aren't open due to construction as you stated. From what I gather there are three trails open from the new lift, a beginner, intermediate, and a flow trail. I think I read this on their facebook page, or their main site. I haven't been there personally so I could be totally wrong. But sadly I won't be making a trip there this summer if that is all they have open.

There are other trails which you can self shuttle or use a shuttle for aside from the resort. Those are Dark Hollow, Blow Hard, etc. Dark Hollow is one of my favorite trails, and usually ride it if I am passing through the area. I haven't done Blow Hard yet, but a lot of people like that trail also. Again I am not sure of any deadfall and how the trails are this year, but past experience is that it takes a while for everything to get cleared.

If it were me I would probably skip the resort and ride other trails in the area. Sometimes Groupon and other deal sites have a buy one get one or half off pass so I would check those also.