Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Bonneville Shorleine trail

Anyone ridden any section of the BST lately?? just wondering if it is rideable

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I work by the BST near Red Butte. Anything that's shaded has some snow and anything on the north side of a hill still has lots of snow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Not even close.

I have been riding up memory grove on the pavement, and following the road up to the water plant, and there is still lots of snow. Like a Foot. There is still standing snow on the parts of the trail I can see from the road. I think it will be at least a few weeks before the northern BST is ready. I don't know about the cornor canyon area.
    I also have been riding the road up to ensign peak, and trying to ride that fire road up to the radio towers. As of 2 days ago I was able to ride like .5 miles up it before hitting snow. That road is in the sun basically all day, and what snow was left was only a couple inches.
    What about Lehi?? anyone been riding five mile pass?
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    I have been riding up memory grove on the pavement, and following the road up to the water plant, and there is still lots of snow. Like a Foot. There is still standing snow on the parts of the trail I can see from the road. I think it will be at least a few weeks before the northern BST is ready. I don't know about the cornor canyon area.
    I also have been riding the road up to ensign peak, and trying to ride that fire road up to the radio towers. As of 2 days ago I was able to ride like .5 miles up it before hitting snow. That road is in the sun basically all day, and what snow was left was only a couple inches.
    What about Lehi?? anyone been riding five mile pass?
    Instead of helping with an answer...I have a question: How much of a ride do you get out there at 5 Mile Pass? My last trip left me thinking: why did I come out here? Seems like I did something like a 12 mile counter clockwise loop heading south from the parking / pavement - basically double track with some atv wide track. Am I missing some riding out there? My dirt biking buddies made fun of me for going out there too...and I did feel conspicuous in my spandex. I'll try to find out about the conditions, one of the dirt bikers did head out there last weekend.

mtbr member
    Lots of snow in City Creek BST. It might be fine to ride in the early AM before the sun hits it. The City Creek Ensign Peak trail is great in spots, a bit muddy in other spots. I'd say stay off of it after the sun has its' way with it.

Corner Canyon is in pretty good shape. Still lots of snow, but you can find dirt/sand to ride on. Probably the best bet in the valley if you want to get off the snow and onto soil.

mtbr member
    I rode the section from provo canyon to springville today....except for the start in in provo it was complety snow free

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No I don't think you are missing anything that is about all that I know of out there. I usually ride the Icup course, and think it is soso at best. I just need places to ride for conditioning sake. I am sick of riding up and down the paved road in city creek. Double track is better then road.

PM me

mtbr member
    No I don't think you are missing anything that is about all that I know of out there. I usually ride the Icup course, and think it is soso at best. I just need places to ride for conditioning sake. I am sick of riding up and down the paved road in city creek. Double track is better then road.
    There's actually some nice singletrack out there but it's a ways out. I've only ever ridden out there on my dirt bike, and don't know where the ICUP course goes so it'd be tough to describe where it is. Although I'm getting a little desparate myself and have done a couple day trips to Fruita and St. George recently and might head out there myself on a regular bike.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    It's still a bust. I checked out the Zoo end with chuky and there are still many puddles but not much snow. Check back in a week and that section double-track should be okay. We didn't ride ANY of the singletrack because it looked too sloppy.

Yesterday I rode up behind Huntsman to check on Dry Gulch and there is still snow on the road, which means it's a mess on the trail.

I also took a jaunt up Mill Creek and the Plow Drifts are head high past church fork, Rattlesnake is packed snow at the bottom.

Looks like it's going to be quite a while before we are riding dirt in SLC.

Drive south, I guess. That's what we are doing.

JMH

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I was able to ride

The double track sections from the Zoo all the way to popperton park yesterday with very minimal mud exposure yesterday. I also rode the nature park trail up to ensign peak with only a couple muddy sections.

PM me

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    you can ride from the B in Bountiful to Farmington canyon along the foothills. it is dry and has a mix of singletrack and dirt roads. It's not bad riding for this time of year.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Took a trail run from Huntsman today up Red Butte. The conditions were looking pretty good! Definitely saw a handful of riders out there today and they looked like they were enjoying themselves. I'm curious what Bobsled would be like right now. Catch22 and I were talking about heading up there with the dogs for a recon mission tomorrow or Thurs. I think the conditions are going to be returning to mud with the upcoming storms though. Powder!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The double track sections from the Zoo all the way to popperton park yesterday with very minimal mud exposure yesterday. I also rode the nature park trail up to ensign peak with only a couple muddy sections.
    Yup, I did the same, zoo to dry creek and back, not bad. Dry creek's gonna be a while. bobsled? you do know that's a run-off creek, right?
    QUESTION: What's the name of the trail on the north side of red butte canyon? I've been riding that thing for a decade and I still don't know it's name.

Bored Carp
    Rode Virginia to the Zoo yesterday - everything was dry with 3 major exceptions:

- that section of trail behind Huntsman in the gully( the one with the cut-off trail/whoop, if that makes sense) the original trail is washing out into the rider-created cutoff - this trail bench will probably have to be re-dug.

- the re-route down by Red-Butte creek. Super muddy, drainage obviously not well planned by the people who set it up. Not really even trail, but still, what a mess.

- the top of the trail right above that fun section of turns just to the south/east of the red butte fence, might want to avoid this entirely for bit longer.

Still, it was nice to get some dirt under the wheels...
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Any updates on the Zoo to City Creek section? Looks like it's going to be pretty warm out there this weekend. Sure would like to get out.

mtbr member
    as for the southern end in Draper, I rode there last night, and it was pretty rideable, at least the stuff that wasn't on the north slope. It was easy to see that those trails were still under lots o' snow.

mtbr member
    I rode Draper S. Mtn shoreline monday and tuesday nights. Did you see the signs they posted last night about the mtn. lion killing the moose....yikes....spooked me for being out there alone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Mmmmm. . . . . fresh meat!

Bored Carp
    for those who just need to ride something different, the City Creek road is clear and dry up to the plant. Not dirt, but at least it isn't Wasatch again.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by qtip
    I rode Draper S. Mtn shoreline monday and tuesday nights. Did you see the signs they posted last night about the mtn. lion killing the moose....yikes....spooked me for being out there alone.
    You more than likely don't look anything like a moose. I'm guessing that mountain lions would rather kill deer, and even moose, over a human. In Utah, where hunting mountain lions is allowed, I'm hoping human beings are something to be feared by a mountain lion. Now, if this were California, where mountain lions are protected, mountain lions have no reason to fear human beings. I'm probably wrong though. No, not about you not looking like a moose.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Draper BST

Is the BST dry from Mike Weir out to the glider park?.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utahposer
    Is the BST dry from Mike Weir out to the glider park?.
    Last Saturday (3/15) I rode corner canyon and Mike Weir down to Highland. There were a few big snow drifts that will take a while to melt. I didn't head to the glide park because I figured the drifts would be worse. Overall good riding though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    You more than likely don't look anything like a moose. I'm guessing that mountain lions would rather kill deer, and even moose, over a human. In Utah, where hunting mountain lions is allowed, I'm hoping human beings are something to be feared by a mountain lion. Now, if this were California, where mountain lions are protected, mountain lions have no reason to fear human beings. I'm probably wrong though. No, not about you not looking like a moose.
    Moose, no. Skunk...well, my wife tells me I smell like one.

I always tell myself that the mtn lions would rather kill other things, and that the big lights on my helmet and bike might spook them. I'm not a hunter, so I never considered the hunting vs. protected thing...that makes me feel a bit better...if it's true.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qtip
    Yeah, I saw them, and I kept thinking "I hope a mountain lion can tell the difference between a moose and me!"

mtbr member
    Hey qtip, were you the one I talked to as I was finishing my ride and you were starting on monday? I was getting into my super old Honda Accord, if that helps. Just curious. It's always neat to realize that the people posting here are just that, real people!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast