mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Bobsled trail conditions

Anyone know how the bob sled looks this year? Thinking about trying to ride this weekend. I know it is always pretty wet at the top. Just wondering with the dry winter and warmer days if it was rideable.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rode it yesterday

Its good to go from the old entrance. New entrance needs a bit.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    I was up there a few days ago and it was dry and fast.
    Last edited by While At Rome; 03-30-2012 at 12:39 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Loose lips sink ships...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for the info. I'll be riding sat. Morning. I'll let you know how it is. But I guess you already know, this is one of my all time favorite rides.

mtbr member
    Yep, great condition as of yesterday afternoon, except for the new entrance (pretty muddy). I wish we had hit the old entrance instead. But the rest of the trail was in great shape (except it seems that someone has removed some of the ladders and other features that I remembered being there a year ago ... or maybe I just forgot where they were?). Even with today's snow, I bet the trail is ready to go again within a couple of days.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for the info. on the trail, it was PERFECT condition. Just like you said, take the old entrance and it was dry. The weather was great, there were lots of people to chat with on the trail, couldn't have asked for a better ride. You could tell it was the first part of the season and probably the first ride of the year for many. I was lucky to have my helmet cam on at the right moments and see a few tires go the wrong side up!! Fun for me, maybe not so fun for them....?

click on this link to see the video......
    Trip Report Bobsled 3-2012