Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bhead marathon trail question

768 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  crashtestdummy 
#1 ·
Has anybody ridden the entirety of the marathon trail this season? I'm wondering if the trees have been cleared. I'm most wondering about the singletrack section that drops into navajo after crossing 14 the most. That little ditty is as fun a downhill as any we have as I recall and I want to go from bhead peak to navajo then the VRRT down to the bottom of the canyon and have already spent enough time this season hike a biking through/over/under/around tree strewn chaos. I'd prefer not to add hours to a long enough day in the saddle.
Thanks for any beta and happy trails

#3 ·
Rode up the hill from the lake about a mile - legs wouldn't carry me any further on the SS. It was completely free of trees and had seem some riding. Considering how bad the rest of the mounatin was this year, I can't imagine it being clear for more that 10 feet if they hadn't worked on it. My worry would be the first 2/3 from BH. They may have let that go to ATVs with chainsaws and some significant re-routing on an already poorly marked trail.

#7 ·
The section between the highways is mostly double track. There was a small section of single track built to connect the double track to the Deer Valley road. There is a log fence on 14 where the single track starts going north bound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.