Green Mojo

Best Trails in St George?

I will be in St George (and Hurricane, UT) area next week for 4 days. I plan to ride Gooseberry with my son. What are the other, best, "must-ride" trails in the area?

I prefer nothing too extremely technical. Intermediate is perfect.

Thanks!

bikerneil

Team Sanchez
    Little Creek Mesa if you like Gooseberry type riding. Church Rocks is another nice intermediate ride. Zen trail, JEM/Hurricane Rim/Gould's loop is an epic. Also try Slickrock swamp for the most scenic of the bunch.

NMBP
    Guacamole, less technical than Slickrock Swamp, but harder to find.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member

More Important . . .

I'll be up there with two friends from San Diego riding Gooseberry and Little Creek Mesa.

Most important after after the ride will be food. What are the local recommendations for dinner or lunch in the area?

NOT Team Sanchez
    Cafe Rio!!!! I'll also add Paradise Canyon to the list of fun intermediate rides.
    I like bikes.

I <3 Dirt
    I'm going to be at Gooseberry in 2 weeks. Will Thunder Mtn. be snowed in?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Cafe Rio!!!! I'll also add Paradise Canyon to the list of fun intermediate rides.
    ha, i must agree. i'm in town right now with a few friends and we had cafe rio tonight. good stuff after a hard day of riding and a drive out to zion.

jem tomorrow.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by mealsonwheels
    I'm going to be at Gooseberry in 2 weeks. Will Thunder Mtn. be snowed in?
    I'd guess it might be rideable in 2 weeks. There was quite a bit of snow at the top when I drove by on Wednesday, though.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I would definately hit GEM/Hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by bikerneil
    I will be in St George (and Hurricane, UT) area next week for 4 days. I plan to ride Gooseberry with my son. What are the other, best, "must-ride" trails in the area?

I prefer nothing too extremely technical. Intermediate is perfect.

Thanks!

bikerneil
    I liked Gooseberry a lot. Good fun. But, I loved Hurricane/GEM a ton. It is above the town of Hurricane. I also enjoyed Church Rocks out of St. George. It is kind of a micro Goose.

Jaybo

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    I'd guess it might be rideable in 2 weeks. There was quite a bit of snow at the top when I drove by on Wednesday, though.
    Cool, thanks!

MTC rep for LPCPCAC

Little Creek Rocks!!

Ride Gooseberry first to get the idea. Once you get the idea of "connect the dots" go over to LIttle Creek. Here the trail is marked by rock towers instead of dots on the rock. It may take a little more time but it is a blast! My other riders kept asking what it is like. My answer is "Similar but different". You need a GPS or guide to help navigate around but it is completely worth the effort to find. Use the link to help.

Looking for Little Creek

We used a car based GPS to get us out to the trail head and a bike based GPS to navigate around. If you read through the thread, there are multiple links to assist you. Another great site I used to plan other rides is

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/

Find the St George area on the left and knock yourself out.

We rode Gooseberry, Little Creek, a night ride in Bearclaw Poppy, and a Sunday morning spin in Church Rocks. 4 rides in three days and had a blast the whole time.