mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Beginner ST-ish trails in SLC

Can anyone recommend some very easy (non-technical, relatively flat) ST trails in the SLC (or within an hour or so) area?

I'm looking for some beginner trails that aren't going to difficult technically or physically.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    BST (boneville Shoreline Trail)

check out utahmountainbiking.com you can check out many more trails by difficulty.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Round Valley up in Park City is great for starting out on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Good point. I was actually just there a few days ago. Saw a wolf spider about the size of your hand w/o fingers.

Do you know how to sort through that site by difficulty?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Awesome. Haven't ridden in PC yet so I don't know any trails over there. I'll check that one out TY.

mtbr member
    Mormon Pioneer from Little Dell to the bathrooms is easy. Cross the road and if you can manage a short hill, then it's pretty cake to Affleck park too. It gets steeper after that but would be good for progression, and when you've had enough, turn around and coast back down.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    Millcreek Pipeline in SLC is a classic, relatively flat beginner ride that goes to a great overlook above city and features a mix of buff singletrack, a couple berms, a few switchbacks if you start from the top, and even a few easy stretches of rock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Easy and Flat.

The BST in the north part of the SLC valley is not at all flat. Technically is not too difficult, but there is alot of climbing. Most of the climbs are pretty short (less then 30 min) but its not rideable by a beginner unless they are pretty fit.

Round Valley, Millcreek Pipeline, and the lower parts of Mormon Pioneer are good suggestions. I would add Muller Park in bountiful to your Radar. Its not flat but it has a easier grade then most trails in the area,
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me