MTBR member
    Jan 2007

Attention Ogdenites!

The Ogden Trails Network (OTN) has established a facebook page in order to reach out to the community. The OTN has a long history in Ogden, but many people are unaware of it's existence. We'd like to change that. If you live in Ogden (or don't) and care about our trails, here's your chance to contribute! If your interested in performing trail maintenance, adopting a trail, or simply making a suggestion-we want to here from you.

Ogden Trails Network | Facebook

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I saw some of the pics on FB the other day. Someone asked if the builders were putting pea gravel down on the new trails and there was no answer. Any insight? The pic did look like it had been graveled.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    RMP cut a road to perform maintenance on their power lines. The trail was repaired after their maintenance. Road base was used (like before) on the lower portion of the trail at the Ogden Nature area. It is my understanding that this area has a signifigant amount of clay which does not absorb water easily; thus the reason for the road base. If you check out the TH at the Ogden Nature area, it is a signifigant improvement over the original trail.

Don't worry, there are no plans to pave the trails or apply gravel throughout the trail system.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I should add that their will also be some trail repairs due to construction on the South BST above WSU. A water line was installed and the area will be revegitated when the project is complete.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the answer and thanks for all of the hard work!!