Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004

Anything in Green River?

I'll be spending a night in Green River--passing through with the family so I won't have time to head very far out into the San Rafael. Is there anything worth riding closer to town?
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Green River is a free ride destination, so there is stuff that people travel 100's of miles to ride, but I can't help you other than to say it is definitely there.

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004
    Even if you "could" I doubt it would be helpful since I'm not looking to huck cliffs and shred spines.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by YRG View Post
    Green River is a free ride destination, so there is stuff that people travel 100's of miles to ride, but I can't help you other than to say it is definitely there.
    I think you are confusing it with Virgin, UT on the other side of the state?

@trailgrinder
    Take a look at utahmountainbiking.com for a great resource, too bad you can't just cruise a little down the road and hit up Moab.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    I think you are confusing it with Virgin, UT on the other side of the state?
    I'm aware of the difference

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by YRG View Post
    I'm aware of the difference
    Then I for one, would be very interested in learning what places people are traveling 100's of miles to ride seeing as it's just up the road for me...

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Then I for one, would be very interested in learning what places people are traveling 100's of miles to ride seeing as it's just up the road for me...
    Here is one of the articles:
    Green River | NSMB.e.MAGAZINE - Freeride, Extreme and North Shore style Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Yeah, maybe a similar style of riding and very different landscapes. Green River is very much a stand alone destination, if FR is what you're looking for...huge fun. Not gonna find many "trails" on utah mtb dot com, though.

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Take a look at utahmountainbiking.com for a great resource, too bad you can't just cruise a little down the road and hit up Moab.

Yeah, utahmountainbiking is a great resource I have used numerable times (trips to Moab, St George/Hurricane, and the Wasatch), . I live in CO and make regular trips to Moab, but on this trip I'll have the whole brood so Moab's just a bit out of the way. Just staying in Green River as it's too far to make the whole trip in one day and GR's kind of in the middle. Unfortunately, everything my research has exposed is pretty far out of town on slow, dirt roads--a little much to hit after checking in at the hotel especially as the days will be very short by the time I get there.

Maybe I'll just have to go back sometime when I'm free to hit all the goodies.

addict
    North Klondike Bluffs trailhead is about 9 miles south of I-70 on 191, not a very far shot from Green River.
    Ride On!