mtbr member

Anyone want to ride this week?

I'll be in/near St. George this week towards the end of the week (April 11-14). Looking to ride Gooseberry, Grafton, Little Creek, Guacamole, Nephi's Twist, Barrels, Zen, FM. etc.

Let me know if you want to hook up. You know what I like.
    Last edited by KRob; 04-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.

mtbr member
    I just rented a Chilcotin from OTE for Thursday (April 12) so will definitely be riding in the Hurricane area that day.

mtbr member

Knolly's will be in force!

KRob,
    Jamie (Dude!) and I will be there riding Thursday - Sunday with a couple of buddies. We'll be on our Deliriums. We are planning to ride mostly in Moab, but could venture elsewhere. I'll P.M. you my new phone # when I get it on Wed..

Hope to see ya,

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I just rented a Chilcotin from OTE for Thursday (April 12) so will definitely be riding in the Hurricane area that day.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    KRob,
    Jamie (Dude!) and I will be there riding Thursday - Sunday with a couple of buddies. We'll be on our Deliriums. We are planning to ride mostly in Moab, but could venture elsewhere. I'll P.M. you my new phone # when I get it on Wed..

Hope to see ya,

Dom
    Cool!
    Moab and St. George aren't very close to each other (5-6 hours apart) but if you're going through St. George area on your way to Moab on Thursday and want to hook up let me know. It would be fun to get together with some fellow Knolly boarders.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I'm down to ride Krob, I'm hoping to get my El Rey all built by tomorrow.......
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    I'm down to ride Krob, I'm hoping to get my El Rey all built by tomorrow.......
    You're on to another new bike? You are my hero!

You thinking of joining me for some Hurricane/Rockville rides on Thursday or would early morning Friday in St. George work better for you? We're doing Zion tomorrow and back in Logandale Friday night so those look like my two ride opportunities.

Shoot me a pm with your cell number or give me call. Seems like last time I tried to call you when I was in SG I got your brother.

Really I am that slow
    working the rest of the week, boo =(
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

TSC
    Buehliever
    I'll be in/near St. George this week towards the end of the week (April 11-14). Looking to ride Gooseberry, Grafton, Little Creek, Guacamole, Nephi's Twist, Barrels, Zen, FM. etc.

Let me know if you want to hook up. You know what I like.
    How did the Twist treat you?

And did you clear Zen--no touches--on the Chili? (That's a goal of mine.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    How did the Twist treat you?

And did you clear Zen--no touches--on the Chili? (That's a goal of mine.)
    This was more of a family trip so my St. George/Hurricane riding was limited to the Four G's, JEM, and Bear Claw Poppy (and the Pa'Rus bike path in Zion) this time. Here's a link to the full Spring Trip report.

I have cleaned everything on Zen on my other Knolly.....but not always on the first try.

Still have never done Nephi's Twist or Flying Monkey.... but I've seen videos and they are on my list.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I have cleaned everything on Zen on my other Knolly.....but not always on the first try.

Still have never done Nephi's Twist or Flying Monkey.... but I've seen videos and they are on my list.
    I am currently Zen's bee-ach. Reign's rear tire spins, pedal strike, ball game. Hoping the tails of the Knolly climbing greatness (and some better tires) well level the field between me and Zen.

Love the Gander pic where you're rim riding. It's funny that the Gander rim doesn't bother me but the vids of Nephi's Twist makes me a bit hesitant. If I like how the Chili rides then I might sac up and hit the Twist.

I've heard that the Monkey is getting a bit easier because of regular use, but still on the upper end of my skill set. It's sad how easy these guys make it look--no pads and one guy is on a single-crown Specialized.

Flying Monkey - Virgin, Utah - YouTube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    I am currently Zen's bee-ach. Reign's rear tire spins, pedal strike, ball game. Hoping the tails of the Knolly climbing greatness (and some better tires) well level the field between me and Zen.

Love the Gander pic where you're rim riding. It's funny that the Gander rim doesn't bother me but the vids of Nephi's Twist makes me a bit hesitant. If I like how the Chili rides then I might sac up and hit the Twist.

I've heard that the Monkey is getting a bit easier because of regular use, but still on the upper end of my skill set. It's sad how easy these guys make it look--no pads and one guy is on a single-crown Specialized.

Flying Monkey - Virgin, Utah - YouTube

The Chili does seem to hook up well on steep loose stuff (as does my DT) but alot of it is rider position and proper weighting of the rear end on a lot of that stuff. Good traction from the rear tire makes a big difference too obviously.

Yeah, those vids shot with the wide angle lenses really accentuate the drop offs to the side so I'm thinking it's not quite as bad as it looks on vid..... although they usually downplay the steepness... so maybe in that sense it will be worse than it looks. I figure I can always walk if it gets too sketch.
    Last edited by KRob; 04-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    ignore, didn't see the date!