'aua e te fati
    Jul 2006

Anyone using a GPS based computer/HR in SLC?

Sorry, cross post from the computer forum, but I really want to know from guys who ride the trails I do whether or not you get a good signal.

I have a Suunto t3 that I quite like, but I am considering the Garmin Forerunner 305 for an upgrade. I don't want it if it has intermittent signal reception on trails along the Wasatch front. I mostly ride BST, the Crest, Millcreek and the occasional jaunt to Park City.

Is anyone using the 305? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I use the Edge 305 and I think it is great. I have had no issues with reception. I used to have an Etrex vista, and that would always lose reception. Nothing worse than getting back from a ride and finding that it didn't record half the info.

Anyway, I hear the forerunner has good reception as well and are similar units.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have a garmin edge 305

and I have never lost reception riding in millcreek, park city, or anywhere for that matter. Unless you run I would opt for the larger screen of the edge. You can display more data fields, and the navigation functions are easier to use on the larger screen.
    Also I know a few people that have Forerunners and have broken the bands. They are replaceable, bu why fight with it unless you need it for running.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me