mtbr member

Any must do rides I am missing in Moab???

OK, going back to Moab/Fruita and possibly St George for a fall biking trip in about a week. Already have the Fruita/GJ rides lined up again as well as some new ones.

As for Moab this is what I rode last year and am wondering what else are "must do rides"

-Klondike Bluffs: Dino Flow-Baby Steps-UFO-Mega Steps-EKG
    -Sovereign: no clue what we rode, all over then to some great viewpoints
    -UPS-Porc Rim
    -Amasa Back & Rockstacker
    -Gemini Bridges: Bull Run-Great Escape-Little canyon-Gold bar-GB Road-to Bar M: Lazy-Deadmans-Long Branch Killer B
    -Pipe-dream (drastically underrated in my opinion)

Is Posions Sprider/Portal worth it? Any good recommendations/variations that you guys would suggest?

Thanks in Advance.

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrd View Post

Is Posions Sprider/Portal worth it? Any good recommendations/variations that you guys would suggest?

Thanks in Advance.
    I'd say that the new Ahab trail off of Amasa would be worth a ride, also Jackson's in the same area. Jacksons is one of my must-do rides anytime I'm in Moab.

Poison Spider is awful most times of the year. Even when it's at its best I wouldn't recommend it. Portal is... an experience. I'm not much for heights so I walked much of the exposed section but once it ducks around the corner it's a very technical descent. I liked it a lot but not so much that I would ride Poison Spider ever again. Good news is that the Mag7 ride will take you right to Portal with a great ride to get there.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    You've already done a portion of Mag 7. If you liked it, certainly tack on the connection to Portal.
    As mentioned, some combo of Amasa + Ahab is worthy.
    I really like an out of the way ride on Fisher Mesa. Good single track up there.
    The classic Moab rides are worth repeating, but if you want to try out some "new" areas take a look at Tusher Canyon.
    Also, not too far from Moab, the Good Water rim is beautiful and the riding is fun.
    Easy to go Moab-Good Water-St G.
    If you make it to St George, certainly checkout upper Icehouse to Broken Mesa. The Upper Icehouse portion is a better option than the classic Broken Mesa start in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Clydesdale View Post
    You've already done a portion of Mag 7. If you liked it, certainly tack on the connection to Portal.
    As mentioned, some combo of Amasa + Ahab is worthy.
    I really like an out of the way ride on Fisher Mesa. Good single track up there.
    The classic Moab rides are worth repeating, but if you want to try out some "new" areas take a look at Tusher Canyon.
    Also, not too far from Moab, the Good Water rim is beautiful and the riding is fun.
    Easy to go Moab-Good Water-St G.
    If you make it to St George, certainly checkout upper Icehouse to Broken Mesa. The Upper Icehouse portion is a better option than the classic Broken Mesa start in my opinion.
    Thank you for these suggestions, the trip is going by way of Moab-Fruita-GJ and finishing with St G (and I was wondering of suggestions there, already have a list of Little creek mesa, guacamole, barrel-sidewinder-suicide, bear claw, stucki).. any more?