mtbr member

Are any of the following clear, Bunker, blowhard or Navajo?

Just wondering if anyone has ridden Bunker, blowhard or navajo lake? Wanted to confirm they are clear of dead fall.

Thanks - Ron

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just got back to Zion from Riding Navajo with my family. The north side of the lake is clear from te ah campground but once we crossed the road we only continued for a 1/4 mile or so and were off the bikes hiking over trees at least 5-6 times so we turned around and retraced our tracks. With the highway being closed during the days on weekdays I don't see the trail crew from Cedar City getting things clear all that fast. I had a 4 1/2 hour hike a bike on Blow Hard early last season and have no plans of repeating that adventure.

I'd rather be biking...
    I've been told 2nd weekend of June at the earliest, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

Crashtestdummy lives the closest and should be held 100% responsible for why they haven't been cleared yet.

I might be up that direction this weekend to camp and will have a chainsaw on hand to clean and cut the disaster of down trees that is cedar mountain trails.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    I've been told 2nd weekend of June at the earliest, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

Crashtestdummy lives the closest and should be held 100% responsible for why they haven't been cleared yet.

I might be up that direction this weekend to camp and will have a chainsaw on hand to clean and cut the disaster of down trees that is cedar mountain trails.
    Thanks for the toss under the bus.

The north side of the trail was cleared last Saturday, so it's good to ride. The south side is in bad shape and needs a real trail crew to clean it up.

Blowhard, Bunker and other trails will most likely be needing lots of work also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    If there is any rider organized effort to clean any of the above let me know and I'll see what I can do to rally some troops.