Thread: Alone in Moab?

Life on Mars???

New question here. Alone in Moab?

Hi all,
    I'm heading to Moab and around Utah the first two weeks of may or april/may. My riding buddy has bailed on my, but I would like to go anyhow.

Question is: I'd rather not ride by myself for two weeks, so is it easy to get in touch with others to ride with? Are the bicycle shops doing any semi-organized group rides or anything?

best regards,
    Trond
    best regards,
    Trond Hindenes
    Norway

mtbr member
    if you take the shuttles, you can probably ask to join any of the groups... otherwise, it's easy to find groups to ride with in Moab... just hang out at the trailhead...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hey Trond:
    Sorry to hear your buddy bailed, but that's his loss. You'll do just fine.
    Looking for people to ride with in Moab is like, well, looking for a mountain biker in Moab. Flipnidaho's got it right, bike shops, shuttles and trailheads are all great suggestions. I usually bail on my riding buddys for at least one of my roadtrips, just so I can do what you'll be doing, meeting new people. It just adds to the adventure. It's been my experience people in Fruita are more approachable, only because the riding isn't as spread out. Two parking lots service most all the riding in the area. Hang-out at either the 18rd or Kokopelli trailhead parking lots and don't be shy.
    Good luck, be safe and HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by Shelbak73; 03-29-2008 at 01:11 PM.

mtbr member
    No Mt. Bikers actually live here.... do they? Wierd.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

aka greyranger

Moab

If you are there the week before Memorial day you can hang with us. We plan on doing Slickrock, Porc rim, Soverign, Bartlett wash or Amassa. Also a couple of days in Frutia toward the end of the week.

Life on Mars???
    Sweet, that sounds all good. I'll be there 1st of May I think, so if any of you are there at the same time, i'm defo up for a group ride :-)

-Trond
    best regards,
    Trond Hindenes
    Norway