mtbr member
    May 2008

AF Canyon Trails....OPEN!

We (myself, PG Gary and yamabiker) just got back from a trails inventory trek up AF Canyon with the Forest Service. ALL trails are now open. The Trail Closed signs have been removed. The majority of the trails have been inventoried. We chainsawed out 3 trees across the trail on the north section of #252 and Ranger's Scott and Nicholas were going to hoof it down the Tibble Fork #041 trail and remove 5-6 from there. There are still around 20 downed trees on the upper half of the Mill Canyon #040 trail that haven't been cut out yet, so not sure that trail would be much fun yet. Keep in mind that the Alpine Loop road gates are still closed (UDOT has control over those) at Pine Hollow and just above Aspen Grove on the Provo Canyon side. If you are wanting to go ride Ridge Trail #157, you'll have to either pedal up the road, pedal up the Pine Hollow #047 trail (not much fun imho) or pedal up Tibble Fork #041. Please let me know if you run into any deadfall.
    Have fun and enjoy! We'll see you up there the latter half of June when I'm healed up from surgery.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    All the deadfall on the Mill Canyon #040 trail is being chainsawed out today.