mtbr member
    May 2008

Abojo Mountains?

I recently moved to Durango and have been taking weekly trips to Moab. I can't help but notice the little talked about Abojo Mountains passing by Monticello. Are there many trails?

I'd rather be biking...
    There is a thread floating around here with some small beta on the area. I searched around
    SE Utah - What's out there?

Abajos Mountains?

Its been a couple years. There are a few trails up there mostly used by cattle and horses but looked worth exploring from the pictures. Don't expect Burro down but do expect some good riding followed by some hiking.

If you do go post about it. Im interested in the info as well. Id imagine mid to late summer the trails would be cleared by ranchers, etc.

More Chasmism
    Robertson Pasture. In summertime. East to west. One of Southern Utah's best.

-- hfly

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the info. How would you describe Robertson Pasture? How much vert? What's the terrain like?

Paste eater
    Mountain bike trail wealth is weird balance of enough people to ride and build them, but not to many to not leave enough space. I suspect SE UT suffers from the former :P.

I've wondered the same thing. That link that shelbster posted is interesting. Kinda itching to ride some grassy wooded type trails right about now. Been a while...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You will get lost, don't bother. Too much tree fall for flow. Locals shoot first. They do not like people messing with their hunt.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Punta Lobos View Post
    You will get lost, don't bother. Too much tree fall for flow. Locals shoot first. They do not like people messing with their hunt.
    So I'm assuming there won't be an Abajo bike park in Monticello anytime soon?