Thread: 7-up?

mtbr member

7-up?

Any body ride this yet? Thoughts? Thinking of doing a short mag-7 loop (upper half with a gemini exit) and using this as part of the climb to get there with the rest on bike path/313. Is this worthy or should I just skip it and do a shuttle or just stay in the upper mag 7 area maybe using getaway as an uphill route?
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

pedlr
    Slogged up and down 7up about a month ago. It was pretty soft still and I dont believe it will have changed much. It was a bit of a workout. Nice scenery.
    The word is that Getaway has firmed up nicely. The Great Escape, which used to be soft too, has firmed up nicely and is great fun.

I'd rather be biking...
    man I haven't had 7-up in forever, seems like sierra mist has taken its place.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    To me it is well worth the effort to do the plan you sketched out, instead of shuttling. Mag 7 with an escape out to 191 on Gemini road is fun, fast but all over with rather fast - besides not really providing much of a hill climb. After 7up opened this all changed considerably and it is now one of my favorite outings.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the advice. I'd seen the umb link but was hoping for additional experiences. Did Great Escape in May and loved it. The loop will be a nice long ride for me....just what I'm hoping for.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Did the loop this past weekend. Really enjoyed it and only saw one other rider on 7-up. Lots a beautiful country and peaceful climbing in soliltude. Only a couple of spots that I would consider soft, otherwise, the trail was pretty firm. Just under 30 mile loop according to my gps.

More Chasmism
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke View Post
    Did the loop this past weekend. Really enjoyed it and only saw one other rider on 7-up. Lots a beautiful country and peaceful climbing in soliltude. Only a couple of spots that I would consider soft, otherwise, the trail was pretty firm. Just under 30 mile loop according to my gps.
    (1) Park at intersection of 191 and 313
    (2) Up 313 to second switchback
    (3) Up 7-UP, the last part of which is the best.
    (4) Down Bull Run, Arth's Corner, Little Canyon
    (5) Wait for night. Lights on.
    (6) Out dirt road to 191 with lights. Under tunnel to Moab Brands trailhead.
    (7) Night ride North 40 counterclockwise to intersect singletrack around pour off of 7 Mile canyon, and back to car.

Great, spinny loop.

hfly

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly View Post
    (1) Park at intersection of 191 and 313
    (2) Up 313 to second switchback
    (3) Up 7-UP, the last part of which is the best.
    (4) Down Bull Run, Arth's Corner, Little Canyon
    (5) Wait for night. Lights on.
    (6) Out dirt road to 191 with lights. Under tunnel to Moab Brands trailhead.
    (7) Night ride North 40 counterclockwise to intersect singletrack around pour off of 7 Mile canyon, and back to car.

Great, spinny loop.

hfly
    Good idea and solid loop! That's a decent amount of gravel/pavement grinding. How does 7up ride up right now?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Rode 7 Up three times in the last two weeks. First time was the least sandy but still not bad at all on the latest ride (Friday). A great loop is park at or near Monitor and Merimack Overlook on Highway 313 above the second swithchback, ride up 7 Up, down Bull Run, down Great Escape, up Little Canyon, up Getaway, then down 7 Up back to Monitor and Merimack overlook parking. The 7 Up and Getaway trails sure opened up some more nice options in that area. Great work Moab folks!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Rode down 7-up on the tenth or eleventh. Was my first time on the trail. Seemed to me that it'd be a pretty sandy ascent in places, but descending was a good time. Pedaled down to the Moab brand trails after that and dropped off onto the paved path back to Moab. 25 miles or so (shuttled up to the top). Good afternoon ride.