Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Your spank bike

20K views 66 replies 19 participants last post by  JGill 
#1 ·
Show off your spank bikes! iddning pics, build pics what ever!! Just show!!! :thumbsup:

#27 ·
Got this from QBP

Tweet Tweet
100% 4130 CroMoly
69 degree headtube, 70 degree seat tube
Horizontal 10mm dropouts; no provision for derailleur
Disc brake only (IS tabs)

TT (Effective): 21.75 ins
BB Thread Type: English
Steerer Tube: 1-1/8" Threadless
Seat Collar Diameter:
Seatpost Diameter: 26.8 mm
Headset Type: Integrated, 42.0mm OD, 45 deg bearing (Hiddenset)
Rear Axle Type: 14mm bolt on
Color: Rustproof Black
Fork Travel: 80 - 100 mm
Disc Mount Type: 51mm I.S. Rear
Brake Usage F/R: Rear
Wheel Size: 26"
Weight: 5.5 lbs

The frame almost always seems to be out of stock.

#28 ·
droptopchevy said:
Got this from QBP

Tweet Tweet
100% 4130 CroMoly
69 degree headtube, 70 degree seat tube
Horizontal 10mm dropouts; no provision for derailleur
Disc brake only (IS tabs)

TT (Effective): 21.75 ins
BB Thread Type: English
Steerer Tube: 1-1/8" Threadless
Seat Collar Diameter:
Seatpost Diameter: 26.8 mm
Headset Type: Integrated, 42.0mm OD, 45 deg bearing (Hiddenset)
Rear Axle Type: 14mm bolt on
Color: Rustproof Black
Fork Travel: 80 - 100 mm
Disc Mount Type: 51mm I.S. Rear
Brake Usage F/R: Rear
Wheel Size: 26"
Weight: 5.5 lbs

The frame almost always seems to be out of stock.
My point exactly. Only distributors list any info, not the actual company.

How hard is it to post updates to a website? I mean what does 100% 4130 CrMo mean? Butted? Straight guage? 14mm rear drops AND Horizontal 10mm dropouts; no provision for derailleur? :nono:

Oh well. I think my point is made. I was hoping the OP would comment with some up to the minute information.

#30 ·
Demo-9 said:

How hard is it to post updates to a website? I mean what does 100% 4130 CrMo mean? Butted? Straight guage? 14mm rear drops AND Horizontal 10mm dropouts; no provision for derailleur? :nono:

Oh well. I think my point is made. I was hoping the OP would comment with some up to the minute information.
I had to log in to get that info, so it's not readily available to the public.:madman:

#31 ·
Spank USA said:
The owner of spank is also part of black market and owns a part of atom lab desighned hayes brakes founded funn and ect... ect... ect... the tweet tweet is the basics of the riot with more technolagy on the inside...
Seems I have some fires to put out...

He is not part of Blk Mrkt. The coating is high tech...but I'm not sure I would consider that an performance upgrade. Sven the Co-owner is the importer for Blk Mrkt in Germany.

I have owned both bikes...THEY RIDE DIFFERENT. :thumbsup:

#32 ·
Demo-9 said:
Nah. It's all good. I really like the Spank frame. I am just one to know everything I can about something. Frame material, country of origin, welding quality, etc. I mean they should have some info on their stuff. You have to go to a frame retailer/distributor to get any information on frame specifications. As long as the bike rides nice then that is all that really matters.
I can get any info you want...the bike is nice. Most of they new stuff is listed up on Facebook.

#33 ·
JGill said:
Even my lbs' couldn't find much info on them. I had a to ask The Agency silly questions about the frame before I would get one... One site listed the dropouts as 14mm and another 10mm. I saw that one said 150mm spacing, and another 135mm. I couldn't find much on what bb and headset it took. I just guessed by the look of the super small pictures that it was Euro/integrated... Maybe Spank has an up to date catalog but haven't updated their site yet.

But yeah it rides pretty damn nice. Buddy of mine just built up a rigid Riot and he will be in town and I will check that out and compare the two...
No ? was silly. Really, who listed it with 14mm drops and a 150mm spacing? That is jacked.

For everyone, it has 10mm Horizontal drop-outs, a 45/45 headset, 135mm spacing, and a 73mm bb.

I sold my Riot (The beloved star of "Two Bike, One Stand"). My Tweet Tweet arrives today in Black.

#34 ·
Demo-9 said:

Most of the up to date stuff is on Facebook. I know the website is in dire need of a makeover. I hate Flash...

The Blk Mrkt Hanger for sure and perhaps the DMR hanger work on the Tweet Tweet. I'm building what is probably the first Tweet Tweet with speeds this week.

#35 ·
The Agency said:
Most of the up to date stuff is on Facebook. I know the website is in dire need of a makeover. I hate Flash...

The Blk Mrkt Hanger for sure and perhaps the DMR hanger work on the Tweet Tweet. I'm building what is probably the first Tweet Tweet with speeds this week.
That black will be sweet!!!!! I actually kind of wish I would've went with the black myself...
The hanger off my P1 fit, didn't install or adjust a deraillure though (no geared hub yet!) Can't wait to see a picture of it built up!

Oh, and I don't have a facebook account so no checking that for me...

#38 ·
Demo-9 said:
Facebook? WTF? I am not trying to find my old high school sweetheart! I want frame specs...
That is the best thing I have read all day. I meant to say that the new stuff is on Facebook...till the new site is up.

You don't need an account to view the Spank page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spank-Bikes/62111541951?ref=mf It's really just a blog.

I'm using the Blk Mrkt Hanger. I post pics soon. The black is sick!

#39 ·
The Agency said:
That is the best thing I have read all day. I meant to say that the new stuff is on Facebook...till the new site is up.

You don't need an account to view the Spank page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spank-Bikes/62111541951?ref=mf It's really just a blog.

I'm using the Blk Mrkt Hanger. I post pics soon. The black is sick!
...coming through again haha! I didn't even try to get on Facebook to check it out. I haven't seen the majority of those pictures anywhere and it was good to get a little idea about the company. Can't wait til the site is updated

#40 ·
No worries...that's what I'm here for. To put out Cody's fires! Haha.

I have too wait for a new spindle from Deity so the bike is waiting for parts. They are also sending out a stem. I WANT TO RIDE!!!! I'll post pics soon. My rims should have just come from Taiwan...Black Spikes. 35mm wide! I'm a big boy. Hope to get out of the Clydesdale class this year.

Oh, Demo...the tubeset is butted 4130.

#47 ·
Hi guys, I only do XC/Trail on a 6" AM bike, thus I shdn't be in a DJ/Park forum in the 1st place. But I am seriously considering abt getting Spank Tweet Tweet rims because it has RED colour and didn't overshoot 600g per rim. It's a vanity/bike theme/weight issue here.

However, Spank Bikes' 2009 catalogue stated that Tweet Tweet rims are meant ONLY, I stress ONLY, for DJ/Slopestyle/Street, not even meant for FR-light, Enduro or Trail. If it can be used for Slopestyle, which is like another form of FR, why can't it be used for anything else? Anyone here understands the irony within? Please please enlighten! Thanks a tonne in advance!

#48 ·
schwarzstuka said:
...However, Spank Bikes' 2009 catalogue stated that Tweet Tweet rims are meant ONLY, I stress ONLY, for DJ/Slopestyle/Street, not even meant for FR-light, Enduro or Trail. If it can be used for Slopestyle, which is like another form of FR, why can't it be used for anything else? Anyone here understands the irony within? Please please enlighten! Thanks a tonne in advance!
That's right and if you even try and use them for something else they send me over to punch you in the head!

Actually...it's a color thing. The Tweet Tweet's were done in the colors that match the other Urban/DJ/Slopestyle stuff. A Tweet Tweet rim is the same as a Subrosa from last year. The Subrosa Evo is 1mm shorter than the Tweet Tweet. The Subrosa EVO is rated for FR-Lite, Urban/DJ/Slopestyle, and Enduro/Epic type riding and so is the Tweet Tweet.

Just like you said, "It's a vanity/bike theme/weight issue here." If you like the red...do it!

#51 ·
schwarzstuka said:
Hey, thanks so much to The Agency! Red Spank hoops on the way to my Remedy! Absolutely wicked! I can almost feel the eternal bliss now.
Ha! Nice.

pnj said:
what is the backend length on these things?

I didn't see it listed above....(I could be blind though:))
Mine is set at 15-9/16". I can't remember Cody's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.