View Poll Results: Good Move by Black Market?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Move

2 22.22%
  • What was Black Market thinking

2 22.22%
  • X-What?

5 55.56%
    What are you looking at?

X-Fusion with Black Market (Discuss)

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/X-Fusio...rket-2007.html

It sounds like all Black Market team riders will be using a Velvet R ( http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/ ) on their mobs. Does this seem odd? Has anyone used this fork? The Velvet R has 120-80mm adjustable travel and weighs 3.85lbs. Good move my Black Market? It should help X-Fusion alot to be used on a top of the line bike.

Your oppinions
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

40 oz to freedom
    I think it is a good move. From what I have seen X-Fusion is a great company with some really nice products. I really wanna see a 20mm T/A Velvet R come out.
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr remember
    seemed to work for'em great at Ray's!

well, yeah, if they made one with a steel steerer and solid crown, like a Pike 426, as well as 20mm thru, it seems to be EXACTLY what a lot of people are looking for right now.... but... take away those things I just mentioned, bring it back to production reality, and it seems to be just a basic xc fork. who knows, Carter always just ran a reg. fox qr fork though, and worked for him, so whatever... maybe if you combine it with a nice bmx bolt on front hub, it could be pretty stout. I've never ridden any of their stuff, so can't really say.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    X Fusion already makes suspension for many big compaines. The new Specialized shocks are X Fusion made and many other forks and shocks are built by them as well. The only reason they are not popular is the lack of service for rebuilding broken/warranty shocks. Many people are riding X Fusion stuff without knowing.